Frog in my throat

It was a toss-up whether to post this in Cute and Funny or Food.  Milo came trotting inside this morning and after half a minute horked up a large, slender black beetle.  It was still wiggling and seemed to have all of its legs, so I put it back outside.  Milo showed no interest in it once horked; evidently he didn't care for the throat tickle.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Food? Nah. C&F? Totally :rofl Plusalso :repuke

:lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Maybe there should be a Gross and Disgusting topic?  :puke  :lol

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

9 minutes ago, LaFlaca said:

We would have plenty of posts for that heading :lol

One of my cats used to bring June bugs (aka cicadas) in the house and turn them loose to play with. I kept telling her, leave your friends outside!

There’s a song about that, now, everybody join in........

I know an old lady who swallowed a fly...etc. etc.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

your boyz are such boyz! lucky they have you as a caregiver! 

oh my, those long slender black beetles are everywhere! i was just relieving myself behind a kennel(don't ask- too difficult to by-pass the in-house hounds with out a riot) and one of those jumped on me. of course i jumped thinking it was a huge wasp....i'll let you fill in the details- what a mess! 

Edited by cleptogrey

3 hours ago, LaFlaca said:

:lol: 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

3 hours ago, Banjoman said:

I know this song!  

am i old?

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

I don't know why she swallowed that fly....

Ummm.... I think we're all old....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Perhaps she'll ...

Yep  :lol

4 hours ago, Banjoman said:

:lol:

I have a 5 year old, of course I know this song.

Edited by sarabz

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Milo would never make it as a cow.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

your boyz are such boyz! 

In the spirit of female equality, I must report that dear Eve not only caught and ate flies, she ate SLUGS.  We had a don't-ask-don't-tell policy on that last one.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

12 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

In the spirit of female equality, I must report that dear Eve not only caught and ate flies, she ate SLUGS.  We had a don't-ask-don't-tell policy on that last one.  

Why for the protein content, of course!

My Wendy caught and ate flies. Lola ate a bee and lived to tell the story. And snails....ooooo....crunchy.

14 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Perhaps she'll ...

Yep  :lol

Barf?   :puke

:lol

:yikes I think I'll count my blessings that the most disgusting thing Sweep eats is discarded chicken bones from our neighborhood alleys. (Disclaimer: I do watch her, really I do. She's a tricksy one!)

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

15 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

:yikes I think I'll count my blessings that the most disgusting thing Sweep eats is discarded chicken bones from our neighborhood alleys. (Disclaimer: I do watch her, really I do. She's a tricksy one!)

The first thing we taught Bella was "leave it" and to not eat anything until we said "ok", because of all of the chicken bones and other garbage on NYC'S streets. Ugh, the chicken bones!

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Chicken bones -- we were out for a dayhike on the Appalachian Trail once and a hound made a pounce and came up with such a prize -- chicken bone!  I mean, who goes out hiking, gnaws some KFC along the way, and then just dumps the bones by the side of the trail?  Evidently a lot of people.

I don't think dogs are tricksy getting the bones -- I think the bones themselves are tricksy.  The muted colors and angles blend in anywhere.  Maybe someone needs to start a new camouflage pattern for clothing.*

*We could make Cletus a hunting vest out of it.    

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

10 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Chicken bones -- we were out for a dayhike on the Appalachian Trail once and a hound made a pounce and came up with such a prize -- chicken bone!  I mean, who goes out hiking, gnaws some KFC along the way, and then just dumps the bones by the side of the trail?  Evidently a lot of people.

I don't think dogs are tricksy getting the bones -- I think the bones themselves are tricksy.  The muted colors and angles blend in anywhere.  Maybe someone needs to start a new camouflage pattern for clothing.*

*We could make Cletus a hunting vest out of it.    

Ellen!  :kiss2:rofl