Launching A Webcomic About Greyhounds!

Guest kimbercules

Guest kimbercules

Hi everyone - new to this forum, very encouraged by all the activity and advice here!

I wanted to share my new webcomic, Noodle Horse Comics, that is dedicated solely to greyhounds and their lovable quirks and weirdnesses. We have been greyhound owners for around 10 years now, having shared our home and lives with our very special first hound, Gracie, and now Zephyr and Honey after Gracie had to cross the rainbow bridge. Ever since I met Gracie I knew I would never have any other breed, nor would I ever want to be without a greyhound. I grew up with cats, totally unaware that my animal soulmate was meant to be a greyhound. I'm also a sculptor/painter/webcomic artist as my hobby, and have become obsessed with drawing greyhounds. I had a separate comic previously and saw a huge response any time I featured our greyhounds in the comics, and decided to launch a second series just for greys!

I am requesting ideas/stories and photos of hounds out there to feature in future comics - I've had a lot of wonderful support from the subreddit r/greyhounds and thought I'd expand it to other forums. I'd love to hear stories and quirks from other owners out there, and would love to feature & credit folks in future comics!

As I settle into the new series, my goal is to also reach out to adoption agencies to offer artwork or promotional material if it would be helpful/desired. I know there are a ton of amazing talented artists out there who also draw/paint/sculpt greyhounds, but if there are any folks out there who could use a dorky little comic doodle here and there for promotions, I would love to offer my little doodleability :)

Anyhoo, hi out there, thanks for listening/reading, and I hope to meet many more greyhound lovers out there!!

My new site: www.noodlehorse.com

Look forward to seeing more of your work!

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

So cute! Love your style. I followed :)

Here's a story - but feel free to use it if you want!

Our first grey, Regis, used to spend a couple weeks every few months with my grandparents. Grandpa would walk him on a path by a small river. One day, we got a call from Grandpa - Regis noticed something on their walk and absolutely would not move until Grandpa investigated. Turns out, someone had tied two kittens in a pillowcase and tossed them in the river. They'd washed up to the side and Regis wouldn't leave until Grandpa rescued them. Both kittens found good homes after this, and we all regarded Regis as a hero!

He was an excellent temporary daddy to the kittens, too.

tumblr_p6vza2d5OS1s3xj43o1_540.jpg

Mom of bridge babies Regis and Dusty.

Wrote a book about shelter dogs!

I sell things on Etsy!

Guest kimbercules

So cute! Love your style. I followed :)

Here's a story - but feel free to use it if you want!

Our first grey, Regis, used to spend a couple weeks every few months with my grandparents. Grandpa would walk him on a path by a small river. One day, we got a call from Grandpa - Regis noticed something on their walk and absolutely would not move until Grandpa investigated. Turns out, someone had tied two kittens in a pillowcase and tossed them in the river. They'd washed up to the side and Regis wouldn't leave until Grandpa rescued them. Both kittens found good homes after this, and we all regarded Regis as a hero!

He was an excellent temporary daddy to the kittens, too.

Oh my goodness what an amazing story!! I would absolutely love to draw this!! I'll let you know when I get some sketches together.

Wonderful!

There is also quite a large, international following of greyhounds on the (unrelated) Greytalk Facebook page that would LOVE to see your work!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest kimbercules

Wonderful!

There is also quite a large, international following of greyhounds on the (unrelated) Greytalk Facebook page that would LOVE to see your work!

Oh nice! I don't yet have a facebook for it yet, but I'm definitely thinking it would be a good idea, since there are so many adoption groups that use facebook exclusively. Thanks for the tip!

Love it-and yes very true. Can’t wait to see more of your work! One of my favorite greyhound stories (it was shared on this site years ago)....right after the birth of our first grandchild our daughter was going to take the new baby for a walk in his brand new stroller - so I and our two greyhounds joined her ..... a man was out in his yard and seeing us walking by called out “oh my gosh, can I come see” or something to that effect - our daughter was glowing to show off the new baby, but when he walked up he wanted to pet and ask questions about Ronee and Jill .......

Our vet office favorite story is when I was taking Ronee one day she was cowering in the corner I couldn’t reach of the suv. I was trying to coax her out “Ronee can you come here please?” “Ronee get over here”. A gentleman came trotting over saying “mam I don’t know you at all I don’t think”. Yep his name was Ronnie - he helped me retrieve my Ronee from the corner of the car and then went inside the vet office to share his story with all the ladies there.

Very enjoyable. Love the name "Noodle Horse".

This also amused me endlessly.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

• 6 months later...

Your comics are awesome---I love them! So nice to see that other people know every single inch of their Greyhounds.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

• 2 months later...

Dear mr noodlehorse comic - congratulations on your coming return to grad school. Our house has enjoyed your comics tremendously ....and will continue to monitor the site for your sporadic comics. The noodlehorses here in KC wish you and yours all the best in 2019. Highly recommend for those of you who havent seen these comics -

Didnt know how else to get you a message - dont do any other social media here 🙄

Best of wishes for your grad school experience. How exciting! I love your comics and I will continue watching for updates when your time, energy, and inspiration coincide.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Have recommended your comic to multiple people say, "If you want to know what it's like to have a Greyhound, read these." Congrats on getting into the program you wanted. While I will miss my Sunday Grey comic fix, I will continue to check you site hoping for another gift from a very gifted person.

I too would like to add my congratulations to your getting into the grad school program you wanted. I wish you the best in this next new stage of your life.

I have anxiously looked forward to and enjoyed your comics these past many Sundays and will continue to sporadically check in the event you find the time to post more of these gems.