Hugs For My Lizzie Dog

Guest jessicaksu125

Guest jessicaksu125

I post little, lurk often on the forum.

Yesterday my Lizzie Dog was admitted to the animal hospital with real pain. Her front right leg has been bugging her for some time now, but today the pain has spread to her back and hips.

I saw her last night and she was zonked out on the good painkillers. Now I'm waiting for the vet to call.

I'm lost right now on all the worries that owners have when their long-time best friend gets ill. I'm trying hard to stay focused at work while waiting for the vet to call, and not break into tears. Yesterday was so weird without her, I went to eat lunch on the couch and I realized how lonely meals can be without an obnoxious dog pushing her limits.

I'm not here to ask any of these questions... I just need positive thoughts and vibes for my Lizzie -- and, quite frankly, for me, because I'm a wreck right now and need to know that I'm not alone.

I'll try to post pics of her later. My sig is way out of date, I lost Gigi in 2011 and Pulitzer's name was shortened to Lizzie years ago.

Edited by jessicaksu125

Keep us informed, and come ask questions if you need to after you've seen the vet.

We'll be keeping you and Lizzie in our thoughts.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I am sorry to hear that Lizzie is in the hospital. I hope you get answers today. I remember you from way back. I miss seeing your posts.

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

Guest jessicaksu125

Thank you all. Just talked to the vet and she's they're adjusting her pain killers to figure out where all her pain is coming from.

:grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest jessicaksu125

I'm at my breakdown moment, I visited Lizzie tonight, and she wasn't in good shape. I know the lethargy was because of the meds, but she was so stiff and rigid and the liveliness was completely gone from her eyes. I know I need to be positive, but all I can think of is trying to live without her. The vets did a bunch of tests today, hopefully I'll get some kind of verdict tomorrow.

Hoping you find an answer today. :goodluck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Good thoughts for your girl and you. Is it possibly a tick borne disease? They have been out now for weeks.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest jessicaksu125

The blood work came back normal. The doctor is doing rounds and evaluating the patients now. Hope to get an update soon.