Hello From The Pnw!

Guest jjsterc

Guest jjsterc

Hey everyone,

So, I'm relatively new here. I was a lurker before we adopted our handsome prince, devouring as much Greyhound related content as I could, but became a member when I needed to quell my overly paranoid fears that my new pup was in the midst of a bloat-related medical emergency (he was not, he just inhaled his food - literally and figuratively). Anyway, now that it's been officially one week since we brought him home, I figured it's a good time to say hi and introduce ourselves.

My name is Justin, my SO is Shana, and our new pup is formally known as Waylon Indiana, but goes simply by "Indy". He's named after the man who's named after the dog: the one and only Indiana Jones.

The day we met him, he chose us as much as we chose him. It was one of those rare, cherished, long-remembered moments in life of pure contentment and elation. He instantly grew attached and has been an absolute delight to live with, in spite of a few small quirks (like deciding it's time to start the day at 3:00 AM or that counter surfing is OK) that we'll be working on. He's cunning, dramatic, stubborn, and cocky, but also incredibly sweet, loving, curious, and intelligent. He is the most ravenously hungry creature I've ever seen walk the face of this earth and his favorite past-times include eating and scavenging for more food immediately after eating. In addition to that, he likes to walk, nap, and meet new people/pups.

Without further ado, I present: Indy!

http://imgur.com/a/Pj0sC (<<< Full Album of pics here, just one to share below!)

lfiEUsEl.jpg

Welcome from Germany. Indy is one good looking fellow.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

He's very handsome. Our girl used to inhale her food too, but now that she knows her bowl will be there all day and no one else will eat it, she's become more of a grazer, and will snack her way through the morning. Maybe Indy will realize, too, he has all day to eat his breakfast. Welcome!

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Welcome from Oklahoma! Indy is a gorgeous boy -- and when they choose you isn't it amazing ????? Congrats and post often!

Ps - our chow hounds have 'brake fast bowls' -- known as pig bowls at our house. They do help some.

Welcome from Texas! Your Indy is so handsome! :beatheart

We used to have an elevated bowl which allowed our boy to inhale his food at ridiculous speeds. When we moved, the elevated bowls were mysteriously lost, so now he has a regular food bowl on the floor and he doesn't eat as fast. Not sure if there's a direct correlation, but we were glad. He would hock up whole pieces of food because he ate so fast!

popos_zpsgq0lbak1.png

Guest jjsterc

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes and wishes - He's been so wonderful and we're so happy to be a part of such a Greyt community!

Welcome! Indy is gorgeous! There are a few of us here on GT from the Portland-Vancouver area.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest claire_123

Hi! I'm new to the community as well! My chihuahua Butterscotch, who sadly passed away last year, was also a brindle!

DS428oe.png

Edited by claire_123

Indy is so handsome with his swirly face! :beatheart

Claire_123, your angel Butterscotch was precious. I'm so sorry he's left for the bridge....

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Seattle here! Nice to see some PNW representation. :) I've been lurking since my SO and I got our boy almost 4 months ago.

Loving life with my first greyhound Max (4 year old dark brindle boy)! :wub:

Check out our hiking blog! www.greythikes.blogspot.com