Re: Gagging-Much Worse Diagnosis

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everyone-Met with the doctor, he is looking for blood donors but doubts he will need it. Charlie there now and i miss him. He was so nervous in the car but settled down when there after awhile. Surgery not until early afternoon tomorrow! I will hopefully, if all goes well, pick him up on Friday. They still wouldn't let me sleep over. I told the doctor to sleep well tonight, he laughed. It's what i do when i'm upset, make jokes. He said this procedure is a lot easier to do on Greyhounds because of their lack of fat, He will need to see the cardiologist again as i was told his heart rhythm was "off". They will biopsy the tissue, aren't ruling out cancer yet but still saying it is idiopathic at this point. Will be checking with my pharmacy in a minute to see if they have aminocaproic acid. They only have the liquid intravenous form at the hospital. Thank you all again and a HUGE thank you to Tracy who was the person who told me about the non invasive surgery, I shudder to think about the other type. I won't hear from the Dr until after surgery. They will call tonight if anything awry.

Thank you everyone-Met with the doctor, he is looking for blood donors but doubts he will need it. Charlie there now and i miss him. He was so nervous in the car but settled down when there after awhile. Surgery not until early afternoon tomorrow! I will hopefully, if all goes well, pick him up on Friday. They still wouldn't let me sleep over. I told the doctor to sleep well tonight, he laughed. It's what i do when i'm upset, make jokes. He said this procedure is a lot easier to do on Greyhounds because of their lack of fat, He will need to see the cardiologist again as i was told his heart rhythm was "off". They will biopsy the tissue, aren't ruling out cancer yet but still saying it is idiopathic at this point. Will be checking with my pharmacy in a minute to see if they have aminocaproic acid. They only have the liquid intravenous form at the hospital. Thank you all again and a HUGE thank you to Tracy who was the person who told me about the non invasive surgery, I shudder to think about the other type. I won't hear from the Dr until after surgery. They will call tonight if anything awry.

Sending good thoughts for a smooth surgery tomorrow and quick recovery! :hope

Also, check goodrx.com (or you can download the app) to find which pharmacies carry Amicar and find the best price. It's very expensive and often pharmacies don't have it in stock and need to order it so if you can get the doc to write you a scrip now, you will have it in time for Charlie to come home. Someone else on GT told me about it when I was going through Violet's post dental ordeal and it saved me a lot of money. The first place I went to was going to charge me $200 for a 5 day supply!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Barb does use the GoodRx site--Amicar has been found ;-)

Great! For all I know, she's the one who recommended it to me. I'm horrible at remembering details like that, especially in the midst of a crisis. :P

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Holding you and Charlie in my thoughts and prayers!

Debbie

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

Thank you, it was a long night, i didn't sleep much at all. I tried to read but couldn't concentrate well. UGH I will call soon just to check on him. Tufts Grafton is much larger than Tufts in Walpole so it isn't as easy to get to speak to someone quickly.

I called twice yesterday and once this morning. They always say they are doing rounds but do eventually find someone who speaks with me. He is there because they have the laparoscopy but Walpole has a number you press if your animal is there. They were right there for you.

I asked them if they would possibly do his nails as he will have stitches. I actually felt funny asking that but under the circumstances, i didn't expect the surgeon to cut his nails. I usually keep on top of that but it has been 3 times to the hospital this month as you know. I also need to ask them about something safe to calm him for the ride home. He shook and panted heavily on the way there yesterday. I can't have him going through that when taking him home. Anyway can't wait to hear after the surgery. Going to take Rhea out and go to work for awhile. Thanks Tracy-and everyone!

Even with the Goodrx it will be $177.00 btw the aminocaproic acid.

XO all of you!!!!!!! I just got home, i rec'd a call on my cell phone @ 12:30. Surgery went well nothing unusual found, no tumor! The sac was thicker than he has seen, not sure if it means anything. They will do a biopsy on the tissue which is the normal process.

Poor baby has a tube in his chest for now and is on pain meds of course. This has to be the last of this for Charlie! Am i forgetting anything? I hope to bring him home tomorrow! They will call me later and in the morning with updates, As i thought, it isn't as easy to speak with someone there as it was in the Tufts Walpole. The Doctor said he would rather i didn't call tonight as i may get the wrong information but then he said he would have his assistant call me :-) He knows i am not a nut i think and just a loving mother who won't panic.