Re: Gagging-Much Worse Diagnosis

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't know if he has a tumor until later today. If not they said they could do surgery tomorrow. I told them i would prefer the non invasive type which TBhounds told me about

I actually scheduled and appt with Dr Robert McCarthy who does this laparoscopy method for next week, Wed. The vet tech said i was lucky to get an appt with him so soon. Maybe it is a good sign. If need be i can cancel but at least it will only be 1 week away where Charlie had filled in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed it is not a tumor and we can go through with this.

XO

Thinking good thoughts for you both.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

3:30 EST and still no word. I did call, they don't mind that. I suppose the cardiologist is doing the echo and end of the day and not the morning as i hoped. I am picking him up tonight i hope they know. Every time i spoke to the DR he did say Charlie was doing well. UGH this waiting How many times can i thank all of you.....

I may not get back here until tomorrow.

:hope

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I finally got a call @ 5pm last night and rushed to pick him up. He is home resting comfortably. The good news is!!!!!! No tumor found on heart or in stomach. He is scheduled for the laporoscopy next Wed @ Tufts Grafton with a doctor who is highly thought of.

The unsettling part is that he did have effusions in 3 cavities so even with the laporoscopy he may fill again in his lung area which would mean aspirating. IF this happens i don't think i would want to put him through this if it is ongoing but it is ideopathic at this point so know one can answer that.

For now we are hoping he doesn't fill with fluid before his scheduled surgery. He is not fond of riding in the car and pants heavily. Tufts has saved his life twice now. They do not think cancer at this point but when the window is cut from the pericaridial sac they will biopsy it. Thanks for your support again!

So glad Charlie is home with you. Both of you continue to be in my thoughts.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Continued prayers!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.