Nadir- The Decision I Made...

Oh no! I am so very sorry.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no--we all do what we feel is best for our babies-please forgive yourself-have no regrets. You tried to fix something that quite frankly may not have been fixable. It's a hard pill for us to swallow but, all we can do is is stick to our guns, love them dearly and try to care for them the best way we can. I'm sorry Judy--{{{hugs}}}

Oh my god, I'm so sorry. It took a little searching for me to even figure out what happened. My heart is breaking for you. I had sort of glossed over the part about today not knowing his history or I never would have been so glib in my post earlier. I hope you can find some peace. :grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Every decision you have made for Nadir was made out of love. You were doing your best to keep your sweet buddy comfortable. No one, NO ONE, including you, can fault you for that. He was so very fortunate to have such a tireless, loving mom fighting for him.

:grouphug:cry1

Nadir has quite an honor guard waiting for him at the bridge. He will be up there playing pain-free until you meet again. :beatheart

I'm so sorry...I wish I had words of comfort....You loved him and made every decision based on that love...no one will ever fault you for that.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest budsmom

Every decision you made for him was made from love, he knows that. Please be gentle with yourself, he was very loved and cared for and had the best life ever with you. :bighug

Guest grey_dreams

Please be kind to yourself. It could have happened at any time without warning. Nadir would want you to be happy for the love and life your shared together :grouphug

He will always be with you in your heart :grouphug

We can't always control when they are called across the bridge, we just have to learn to accept that it was his time, regardless of the manner in which it happened.

Sending strength your way. <3 Just don't get lost in the "what-ifs" .. speaking from experience, it will consume you.

Run free sweet boy.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Don't second guess yourself, you did the best you could for him. I know, easy for someone else to say, but, I have been there, and still have regrets about some of the choices I have made for some of my animals. You make the best choices you can based on the information available, but no one is perfect, and sometimes there is no choice that will keep them alive :cry1

Yes.

You did more for Nadir, gave more for him, than most people would have. He had years more of a wonderful life because of your devotion and strength!

Those of us who love our dogs make the best decisions we can with the info we have available, and until we learn to speak "dog" it's the best we can do. We talk about the crap shoot of our decisions in the osteo thread - sometimes they work out, but sometimes they don't - you just don't *know* when you actually make the decision to amputate or not. And sometimes, there really isn't a right choice. It's just their time.

You loved Nadir. And he loved you. Any decision based on that love was the right one.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Judy - I know this pain you are going thru! and I'm truly sorry that it was Nadir's time.

No matter what - YOU LOVED HIM,, HE LOVED YOU!!

please be kind to yourself and in time you will understand why things happen in spite of all we try to do and without our consent.

my heart breaks with yours and my tears combine with yours as well, I'm so sorry for your loss!

:grouphug

Nadir is whole again, happy and pain free! Run Fast and with JOY!!!

:candle

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

I'm so sorry you lost your beautiful Nadier. He loved you so much and he knew how much he loved you. As impossible as it seems in the moment, and I know personally, he would want you to remember everything you did for him and not beat yourself up. They all go to soon, no matter what we do. Be gentle with yourself, just like you would be gentle with any of us facing your circumstances.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Then there's euthyroid sick syndrome, although as long the panel includes the antibodies, you will have a definitive answer.

Believe me, I feel your pain. I went through an equally confusing set of symptoms and test results with my Suze.

Prayers for Nadir.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Oh, Judy, I'm just seeing this now, and can barely type, I am crying so hard. I always try to find something comforting to say in Remembrance, but I honestly don't think I have the words to tell you how terribly sorry I am. Sorry just doesn't come close. And neither do the comforting words, though we know they are true----that you are a kind, loving, compassionate Mom, that you did everything you possibly could. But that seems so ineffectual when your precious boy is gone. The heart and our rational, intellectual side are 2 different things, and are often far apart. I know you are hurting beyond words, and your heart is broken. There is too much pain right now to listen to the truth of reality pertaining to blame. But PLEASE PLEASE know this----you in fact ARE kind, loving and compassionate, and you cared for your Nadir in such an unselfish, responsible, intelligent way. They say that if love alone could keep them alive, they would be with us forever. And your love DID keep him alive. But it was also everything you did for him----all the research, questioning, stubborn desire to find a way to make him safe, to make him better. And it worked! Sometimes it works for a little while, sometimes for years, and sometimes everything we do just isn't enough. But you tried, always. And he knew that. If ever there was a dog who knew he was truly and completely loved, it was Nadir. We will miss him so deeply. I can't imagine the huge emply space he will leave in your home and heart.

Sending many hugs and sympathy and white light from me, and gentle nose kisses from his true love, Lydia.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest Lillypad

I wish to extend my condolences to you. I am new to greyhound ownership and even newer to this group. I enjoy the forms and have learned a great deal from members more knowledgeable through experience and education than myself. I have to say reading about greyhound illness and greyhound passings is the most difficult part about this group. I often read a sad scenario and then feel compelled to hug and kiss my girl and remind myself how precious our time is with our hounds. What I have found to be very inspiring is the wonderful support members give one another. I am sorry for your loss. It is very clear that both you and Nadir are very much loved. Very best wishes and take comfort in the blessed time that you two shared. God bless you