Penny Is Gone (Jacama) 5/1/05-1/26/14

Guest BradyzMommy

Guest BradyzMommy

The first time I saw you, you were crouched as far back into the kennel crate as possible, trying desperately not to make eye contact with anyone. When they let you out into the run, you hid behind DH. He would be your protector. You would turn out to be my wedding gift and you were perfect.

When we brought you home, you had Giardia and pooped all over the dog beds and wall. Poor thing, you must have been so nervous. But you were still perfect.

In July of 2007, you got loose at a greyhound "get together". You ran up and down a major Pasadena street until you finally collapsed from exhaustion. You were bloody and suffering from heat stroke. The e-vet said that it was likely that you would not make it through the night. Despite his prediction, you improved. Every day you got stronger. On our daily ride from the e-vet to our vet for observation, you sat still and quiet in the car. You were perfect.

You made strides every day, week, month and year. You were food motived and we used that to get close enough to pet you. You even got so brave, that you'd take a hot dog from DH's mouth. You learned to jump on our bed and that became your favorite place to sleep. You sat nice and still when it was bath time. On a whim, you'd sleep at the foot of our bed and we'd be very still so that we didn't disturb you; it was a gift to have you with us on the bed. You were always a good sport about going to the vet and would sit nice and still, waiting your turn. On my "sleep-in Saturdays", you would lay next to me on the bed and we'd share a pillow. You'd look at me with those huge eyes and nudge me to pet you. You would often snore and drool on my arm and I loved it. At the end of my work day, I would come into the bedroom to complain to you; you always listened. I would say, "Show me my belly!" and you would give me your stomach to rub. before bedtime, you and DH would sit with each other and papa would talk to you about your day. You were perfect.

I miss you so much, it hurts. I physically hurt. You gave me so many gifts, that I had to give you the gift of going to the bridge. I hope you found Brady, Dexter and my mom. They will watch over you. Besides, I'm sure there are no scary cameras at the bridge. I hope it's perfect.

I love you, I love you, I love you.....my poo, my baby boo boo, my companion, my love. You were perfect.

Oh my friend. My heart aches for you and Steve.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Such a special girl. :wub:

I remember the first time I dogsat. She would be on her bed in your bedroom, and she'd start to get up to run out when I would come in. I'd have to move really slowly and not look at her just to be able to go to bed without scaring her out of the room. When I would sit on the couch and give Brady and Maddi treats she would come within a couple feet and just reach her head as far as she could to see what was going. Still, if I looked at her she would scoot away. Then there was a morning where I could feel breathing on me and when I cracked open my eyes she was standing there, reaching her neck out and sniffing my face. And when I would go toward the kitchen to feed them, she always had to walk on the opposite side of the dining room table. :lol We finally got to the point where she would be allow me to be on the same couch as her...as long as I didn't look directly at her. :) I think she just didn't like the looks of me. :lol

Your house was her sanctuary and you and Steve were her protectors. She was happy and very much loved. I'm so sorry that she's gone. :cry1:grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

I don't think she could have found a more perfect family. How you loved each other! I'm so sorry you lost your precious Penny.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

She *did* find the perfect family, and you couldn't possibly have loved her more. I can feel your loss, and I am so very sorry.

:f_pink

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I'm so sorry for your loss of your perfect girl. :grouphug

Rest in peace, Penny. :brokenheart

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Grey14me's story about your girl breathing in her face made me smile, what a character she was. Your tribute is beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss, how you loved each other, and I think the quote in your siggy is especially poignant. :grouphug

Godspeed Penny.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Truly very sorry your special girl is gone. Your tribute of her was beautiful and she found the perfect family.

Run free Penny, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.