New Pointy Nosed Family Member.

kronckew

well, almost. so far so good.

looks like i have found my new dog. meet Poppy. :)
12-18 month old, 24" high at the shoulder. rescue dog
looks like she needs a bit of feeding, but i gather salukis are supposed to show ribs.
poppy.jpg
poppycoated.jpg

my application has been approved, need to get a home visit to get me approved, then a letter from my landlord.
should hopefully, fingers crossed, be on track for january.

i'll have to get her elected as an honorary greyhound so i can post her antics in 'cute & funny'. :)

i'll have to add a new fuzzy eared pointy to my avatar.

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Poppy is cute! I hope all goes well so she can become an honorary Greyhound :) I would support that!

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

:confetti

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

She is beautiful :beatheart I would love to have a Saluki someday. You say she is a lurcher, do you know what she is besides Saluki?

not quite sure but i think they said she was saluki one side & a collie (and i'd say some greyhound) on the other, kinda a long dog lurcher. :)

apparently she's a sweetie, loves people, takes treats delicately with her front teeth, loves other dogs of all sizes, doesn't counter surf, no aggression or separation anxiety. hasn't eaten much yet, but is not a fussy eater & takes her turn with the other dogs.

not fond of cats tho. hasn't learned toys yet. she plays by running and chasing and rolling around on her back. housebroken, slept thru the night at her foster on her first 2 nights & she hasn't made any noises yet. still a bit nervous from her move. not sure what her history was. the rescue said she sounded perfect for me. i hope so. i'm a bit nervous about the house visit

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

What a sweet face!

I hope everything works out as planned, and she's soon part of your avatar. And household. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

All fingers crossed! She is lovely.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

If she has Saluki in her be prepared for something that can run and not stop. A friend used to call her son's Salukis "horizon dogs" 'cos they always disappeared over the horizon when let off the lead. :flip

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

apparently the rescues major requirements are 1. garden with 6ft escape proof fence. 2. agree to never let them off leash outside a secure area.

so far i'm OK with 1-2. there rest is, i hope, just details that can be overcome.

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

Hope the homecheck goes well, though sure its more a formality. I've seen poppy before on some site, she's very pretty, lovely colour and sounds like she's a sweet character to match. I do like the saluki lurchers (smooth or feathered) though not sure if one would be bit too much for me being less active.

homecheck passed, went to see her at her fosters, she's a real sweetheart, bit of a bossy boots to the other doggies there. one of the whippets came ove for a pet and she pushed him away and got in between us so i'd pet her instead. went for a walk. she's very well behaved. foster says she might be younger than they thought as she's grown about an inch the last month. and put on a few pounds.

poppy3.jpg

you can just make out the legs on the couch, the foster's blue greyhound. he slept most of the visit, came over to me for an introductory

sniff and a quick head pat then laid down on the nearby dog bed.

last major hurdle was my landlord's OK, which i got today. they are the local council (govt.) .

the policy had been that we could move in with a dog, but not replace it if it passed.

the council approved cchanging it last march, they got final plan approval just before xmas

for implimentation in january.

i got their email today approving poppy! they're going to send a letter to the rescue confirming.

next step is she's being spayed on the 13th, week till stitches come out, then hopefully barring

some disaster, i can sign the papers, pay the fees and take her home around the 20th.

:confetti :confetti :confetti :confetti :confetti :confetti

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke