Indus Echo 2/18/01 - 5/10/13

3vagreys

She came to us 9 years ago when my son and I decided to get a second greyhound. We asked our group to find us a black dog because we had heard the black dogs had more trouble getting adopted. They called us and said they had a black girl and she was a 'little shy'. We went to see her at her foster home and she was the most gorgeous dog and so sweet so we packed her up and brought her home.

And she was a little shy. Yes indeed she was. We found that she was a lot like an autistic child. We had to leave the room so she would eat, she didn't want us to touch her, she didn't want people to look at her. She would not take treats from our hands for weeks.

I'll never forget when we took her to the vet for her first visit. Her nails were long (I wondered why her foster family didn't cut them.) and when my son and I tried to cut them, she screamed, so naturally I asked

the vet to do it. I've never heard such screaming. Two vets and an assistant came into the room crying. They were not able to get even one nail done.

She was obsessive about her routine. Her walk had to happen every day and it had to happen at the same time. If not, she would whine and refuse to go potty until someone got her leash and took her out, but her food had to be different almost every day. She might eat the same thing for a couple of days but then would stop eating until she got a different delight in her bowl.

But she was the most beautiful little girl - a real super model shape and an angelic face - and at home, she was the sweetest little angel ever. She gave sweet little butterfly kisses, she tiptoed behind you and poked with her nose to make sure you knew she was there, she frequently hopped in my bed for morning snuggles, and she never touched anything that was not hers except for the time we found her with a pen and even then I think she found it in her crate.

We kept her at home for a year or so with limited outside visits until a dear friend convinced us to

let her see the world. So she started going to M&Gs and eventually got so that she could tolerate people and even let very scary children touch her. But she was always terrified of most other dogs, especially those who put their face in hers. Then she did her Tasmanian Devil impersonation. Because of that, we found out who the true dog lovers were. If they understood or accepted her, they were dog lovers. If they

jumped back in horror or they accused us of not training her, they were not. (Incidentally, most of the people in our adoption group at the time felt we didn't train her right. Like I could train all that fear out of her.)

She always needed a strong confident boy to watch over her. At first it was Stampede and when he left us, we got Idol. She was so much more secure with a protector. When we went to the vet, we all went to the vet. When she got her blood taken, someone was with her and everyone else

was waiting for her in the examining room.

I really miss this little funny, needy angel. Frosty and Idol just seem too easy. It's too quiet. No one whined to wake me up from my nap this afternoon. No one raced to the food bowl this morning to turn her nose up because she didn't want the meat in her bowl. My flowers did not get sniffed. I really want to help another shy, shy little girl make it through life.

Pictures will follow when they are ready.

I am so very sorry. Your girl sounds like a very special angel.

Run free sweetie, run free... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am so very sorry. There is something about those quirky hounds that bury themselves deeply into your heart.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

So sorry you had to say goodbye to your sweet black shy girl. We had a sweet shy black girl with some amazingly similar qualities and know the pain you are feeling and how each step was like a marathon when they learned something new. We send you healing thoughts and hope that her memories bring you smiles.

She sounds like a dog in a million, and I know she will be deeply and terribly missed. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

She sounds a lot like my Carly. I'm so sorry you've lost her. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I'm so sorry your special girl had to leave you :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest OPointyDog

I'm so sorry your beautiful girl had to go. And thank you for your patience to let her bloom and blossom in your home. She sounds like an amazing girl. :grouphug

You were blessed to have shared each others' lives. I am so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed beautiful girl, send your momma sign that you made it ok and are watching over her.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

So very sorry for the loss of your Echo.

You were exactly the right family for her.

Remember the good times.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so very sorry. She was clearly a very special little girl.

Godspeed sweetie.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)