Spent New Years Day At The E-Vet! Update #115 :(

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<unprintable words>

I'm sorry, Jay. Give him some scritchies for me, will you? And hugs for yourself.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Jay -

When Rex was sick I had to use lots of things to prime his pump, so to speak. It was something different every day it seemed...liverwurst, hot dogs, velveeta, canned food, dried liver, chicken, etc. The one thing that stuck out in retrospect was if I could just get him to eat a few bites of whatever his amuse boche de jour happened to be he would most often go on to canned and often even kibble. I just sat on that futon a lot of nights at 2 a.m. trying lots of things until he bit. You maybe don't need a ton of a ton of things around if you just get him started...thinking of you and Cody.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Oh, Jay, I'm so sorry. This sucks, but can possibly be managed, depending on the stage and type.

My CoCo lived more than two years after her diagnosis, and passed cancer free from iatrogenic Cushings because of my misuse of prednisone.

There are several protocols for lymphoma, and can differ in expense, how aggressive the treatment is (curative vs controlling the disease), etc. I'm not UTD on what is considered the best protocol in use today (CoCo died in 2004), but Dr. Couto's group certainly can point you in the right direction.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Oh, no. I am so sorry. I hope you and Cody will have more quality time together.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Oh Jay, what a crappy dx.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Sorry you got this diagnosis. Sending prayers for you and for Cody.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Jay, I'm so sorry. Love him up, Cody doesn't know why you're sad. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.