Bella (Boccabella) 6/18/2000 - 9/5/2012

k9fun

IMG_4740-002.JPG?gl=US

You never forget "your first". Bella was our first Greyhound. We met August 14, 2005 at a M&G in a bookstore in Prescott, AZ. We had 3 non-greys at the time. Not looking for a 4th dog, but she had such personality, with her gimpy front leg and all. We were told she had been in foster care for almost a year, no one wanted a dog that wasn't "perfect" but we didn't want another dog. All the way home we talked about her. Got home and called to see if we could stop by and meet her again the next day.

August 15, 2005, our 24th anniverary...we stopped and met with Jim and Leah and Bella. Said we'd take her. They brought her over on the 16th, riding in a convertible MG. She had style! When they left her with us, she whined for about 20 minutes. Within an hour, she was on her back, legs in the air, very comfortable. That little 53 pound girl changed our lives.

Some of you may have met her in Kanab as she attended 3 of Claudia's gatherings. She was always a crowd pleaser, always enjoyed the excitement and was very proud of the plate in her leg. Often times people would stop to talk to her and she would always show them her special leg.

Because of her we have met so many wonderful people. Because of her we have had 11 Greyhounds in our home (she's the 4th one to pass). Because of her, many people realized that an injury or having 3 good legs wasn't an issue. Not bad for one little girl.

Her passing leaves a huge hole in our hearts and our home. She taught us many life lessons while she was here, I will share them with you here:

Screen%2520shot%25202012-09-06%2520at%25204.05.06%2520PM.png?gl=US

RIP sweet baby girl, we will never forget you!

IMG_2291.JPG?gl=US

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

8-14-hound-siggy.jpg?gl=US

Living a GREYT life at the Hound Hacienda - Clarkdale, Arizona

Always missing our angel hounds; Parker, Lacey, Bella, Figgy, Macho, Aspen, Kingman and Tillie

I'm sorry for the loss of your lovely girl.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry. I remember meeting Bella at Kanab. She was adorable.

Run free sweet Bella. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I'm so very sorry. She was gorgeous, and I love her teachings.

Godspeed Bella.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

No, you never do forget your first. :grouphug I am so sorry for the incredible hole in your hearts right now. What a lovely lady Bella was. So wise, too, we can all take a lesson from that girl.

Godspeed bellissimo Bella f_yellow

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I so sorry you lost your special girl. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

So very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Bella.

I love her 'teachings'.

Run free Bella.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Wise advice from one smart girl....how lucky was she to have caught your eye on August 14, 2005? I'm so sorry. Rest well pretty Bella.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

What loving lessons from a teacher who truly knew how to find joy and beauty in every day. The lady sure was an expert at making people smile---thank-you for sharing her with us.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Bella.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown