Ekko, July 4 1997-June 28Th 2012

CaliforniaGreys

What a beautiful hound she was!!! And you gave her a fabulous end to her life story. She went to the Bridge knowing what true love and kindness was. I am so sorry for your loss and sorry Sprinkles lost her devoted friend. Sending gentle hugs and greyhound kisses- Janice, Luka and Peace from Chicago

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Claudia, it's so clear from the many posts here that Ekko was truly a unique and special soul, one who had a gift for touching people in a profound way, making us laugh even as we shook our heads at her audacity. How blessed you were to have shared each other's lives, just as we were blessed because you chose to share her with us as well. I can't imagine how much you will miss her. I'm so sorry you lost your precious lady.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oh, Claudia, I am so sorry to read about Ekko's passing.

Rest in peace, Ekko. You will be missed by so many.

:f_red :f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I am so sorry for your loss, Claudia. How wonderful that you opened your home and heart for this special girl, and shared her antics with us!

Godspeed, Ekko! You are missed.

Lin, with Nick the Greyhound
Missing my girls Nadia, Tallulah, Cinderella, and my heart-dog Alexa, and my precious boys Twister, Loki, and Kevin

Claudia I am so very sorry for your loss of Ekko. She was one of those GT pups that is an icon and she will be sorely missed.

Run free Ekko, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest NSGREY

I'm so sorry for the loss of Ekko! she definitely was a unique girl and so very special.

May picture frames and toilet paper rolls quake in fear at the rainbow bridge!

:cry1 Oh no, what a horrible shock. I'm so very sorry. She was such a special one. :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest 4rooers

I am glad that she had you for the past few years to show her all the good things this life can hold.

Run free, sweet girl. :f_pink

Guest Vers

I don't have the right words, but want you to know I will miss Ekko along with you, and along with everyone else here. She truly was a force of nature, with its attendant joy and chaos. I am so glad her true nature got a chance to shine with you, and that you had true love between you.

I am deeply sorry she had to leave, but she won't be forgotten and she will be held with love always.

I am so saddened to read that Ekko has crossed the bridge. You were wonderful to welcome her into your home, giving her a loving life she so deserved. She will be missed by so many of us. Thank you for sharing your favorite pictures and special memories. You are in our thoughts...

Godspeed beautiful and unique Ekko. :gh_lay

I'm so sorry for your loss. I always enjoyed reading about her and her antics. She was one of a kind. Godspeed sweet girl.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so deeply sorry Claudia.......what a huge space Ekko will leave behind as she was such a big personality. My heart ges out to you..

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest vahoundlover

:weep Oh Claudia :grouphug I am so sorry! Ekko was bigger than life. I think she entertained many of us with her crazy antics.

Run Free Sweetheart :f_pink

Claudia,

I am so very sorry for your loss. We were honored to have the opportunity to meet Ekko and your pack when you first came to RI. Ekko was so good, and quiet, that day, I think she was trying to make you look like a fibber. "Me, eat TP? Why no, never...." (Of course Daisy had to install herself under your hand to be petted nonstop....)

83b09b16.jpg

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Ekko was one of a kind, that's for sure. :beatheart I'm so glad we got to meet her.

I'll never forget

the last time we were there, I went in the bathroom, it got all quiet in the house, everyone had went outside

& I remembered lunch was on the counter, of course I'm thinking, where's Ekko! So I hurried as fast as I could

out of the bathroom just in time to see her finishing off a sandwich roll she had helped herself to! :P

RIP beautiful lady. :candle

Claudia... :grouphug

7487298868_d2d7da048c_z.jpg

7487280676_0cfc84d431_z.jpg

Guest BlackandBrindle

Claudia, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much you loved her and she loved you in return. I know the angels are laughing at her antics right now and that she's watching over you. :heart: