Meet Zoey

I first heard about Zoey when a friend posted an ad on my facebook page about a dog in need of a home. The dog was 11 and had been purchased as a puppy. (AKC) The original owner passed away about 5 years ago and her son assumed responsibility. Fast forward and now son is married and has new baby. They also have a cute yorkie and Zoey is *old* and has incontinence and not fun anymore :(. So, as the son told me on the phone, "it's time for Zoey to have her own family" :vomit.

I picked her up yesterday. She is scared and nervous but is very, very sweet. She came in and my crew was very nice to her. She hasn't eaten yet and that concerns me but we are working on it. She rings bells at the door when she needs to go out. We have been to the vet this morning and she needs some groceries and some love and care :). (she does have a uti and we have antibiotics for that).

Any way, meet Zoey :)

IMG_3643.jpg

IMG_3670.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

IMG_3616.jpg

Now, none of that "you are so great" stuff :P Just swoon over how pretty she is :) Because I know that if it had been any one of you, you would have done the same thing :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zoey, you are truly a beYOOOOOtiful girl. Hope you're eating and on the mend right away. *smooches Zoey's nose*

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

She's beautiful! I love the white markings on her face. Thinking back to another thread, I'm imagining little kids saying, "Look, Mom! It's a deer!" whenever they see her.

Qui me amat, amet et canes meas...et felem.

Olivia (RDs Merrygoround, b. 4/6/07, Gotcha 12/19/11

Chloe (PAR Candice, b. 5/22/08, Gotcha 12/18/12)

Zoey, you are in a much better place. :)

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

She is beautiful, and I hope she has a lot of wonderfully spoiled time ahead of her as part of your family.

Edited by ZoomDoggy

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

But you are so great :)

She is beautiful...congrats to all of you! :confetti :confetti

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

I'm calling her a red sable :lol I have no real idea though. She is a dark red fawn but has some black in her coat as well. Her face is grey/white but she is very pretty :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

She's gorgeous, and she and your family are both very lucky to have found each other.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Oh, this is the forum where you read about new dogs. :lol

She really is gorgeous. I'm glad she landed with you and can't wait to watch her blossom. :)

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

What a beauty!!! Hope you are feeling better soon!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

that is Zoey from The Woodlands. I love her! I hope you didn't believe anything the owners told you.

She looks fantastic!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Ah, Zoey, what a beautiful lady you are. I saw your picture on FB but didn't know your story until now. You indeed have a family of your own now and they will love you just as you are, have no fear. Welcome home, Zoey, welcome home!

Good job, Beth!

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited