Loca, Three Years At The Bridge

robinw

It's hard to believe that my crazy Loca has been gone for three years. What a silly, crazy dog! My house still hasn't recovered :eek

I miss her every single day. She was one of a kind. I like to think that she is hanging out with Phene and fellow June 1 bridge angel, Walter, kicking up a storm the way only she could.

DSC_5912-1.jpg

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Ahhhh Loca....look at that happy, smiling girl. Yep, she was one of a kind. Can't believe it's been three years. A hug to you, Robin - I hope you are home soon and can enjoy some of the healing love from Treasure and Iker!

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

And could she kick up a storm! :lol:wub:

Hugs to you on this day, Robin.

Play fair over the bridge, unforgettable Loca.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Would have loved to meet her. Three years and it feels like only yesterday.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest larock

Hugs to you Robin. And on the 4th of June for Phene...Walter has been gone for 4 years now and I know what you mean; they have forever changed us...

post-14174-0-22714500-1338555915_thumb.jpg

Edited by larock

I can't believe it's been three years.

Loca was extraordinary.

:grouphug

And an extra hug from her somewhat-less-crazy half-sister Betsy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Three years already? I'll bet she's keeping everything and everyone at The Bridge in an uproar! She was most definitely one of a kind. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug to you, Robin.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I can't believe it's been three years. Love that photo of her.

:grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Hard to believe that it has been three years. Gone from this earth,but, not from your heart.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

The photo was taken by GT's KelseysLackey. It's my very favourite picture of her.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Oh man, there are so many stories! She earned her name by standing mpon my dining room table her first day home.mthere was the time she disciplined a young puppy and it took four of us to pry her mouth open...at a meet and greet at Petcetera. She opened a mason jar of soup. She opened my closet and dresser drawers and pulled out all of my clothes. I had to have her tied to my waist for a month and a half to get her to stop trying to eat my cat; she was supposed to be cat safe! At Dewey one year she broke into a roommate's suitcase and stole dog dog treat. She used to steal toys from little kids. She used to jump up and steal toys from shoppers at Dewey. At MacShea's in Dewey Brach, she decided she wanted to sit with Amanda instead of me. She climbed on the. Table to change sides. She was a wild woman, and she was an 8. 5 year old brood mama when I adopted hr!

Despite everything, she was so sweet and loving. Every time a dog got injured in play group or was picked on, she would stay by it's side. She took care of me when I was sick. She never met a stranger.

Loca was one of a kind. Thanks you so much for your comforting words, all. I miss her like crazy.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg

Such an itty bitty little package so jamed full of life and energy and zest and love! She always was taking care of other pups at play group - when she wasn't busy wacking the guys with her muzzle! Only dog play group that required the guys to wear 'protective gear'!!!

One of kind gal...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Hugs, Robin - can't believe it's been 3 years already...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Hard to believe it's been 3 years already. I think because she was such a huge personality and a GT favourite keeps her stories circulating, in turn it feels like she's still here. Loca stories always make me smile!

:bighug Robin

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest ladyhound

Hugs to you. Three years, and I know you still feel her loss every day in many big and small ways. The anniversaries can sure be hard. May happy memories of your beautiful Loca comfort you through the pain of her loss.

Is it June already? I can't believe it's been three years since Loca and Rusty have left us. Most of you don't know, but my Rusty and Robin's Loca are half sibs. Loca was born a few days before Rusty and also passed a few days before him. I'm sure they hanging out and enjoying each others company.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Is it June already? I can't believe it's been three years since Loca and Rusty have left us. Most of you don't know, but my Rusty and Robin's Loca are half sibs. Loca was born a few days before Rusty and also passed a few days before him. I'm sure they hanging out and enjoying each others company.

I always think of you and your Rusty whenever this anniversary comes around :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg