Ava Has Gone To The Bridge

Guest avadogner

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alicia, your every post about Ava has been an ongoing, loving tribute to her, just a your words always spoke of the loving bond you shared. It shone through all your stories; we know...Ava, fly to the bridge on wings of love. Keep close to your humans and Augie; they will miss you as all of us here on GT will.

Hugs...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

There is never a good time to say goodbye but your Ava waited until everything was right....she was at home and had all of her people with her. Rest well, sweet Ava. Big hugs to all that loved her.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest avadogner

You all humble me with your sweet caring and so comforting words and thoughts. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Today was a rough day for me. I woke hurting and my blood pressure was in stroke range. We were able to get it down with 4 BP meds but it over corrected and dropped too low. These type of days were ones Ava's talent in therapy work were so well honed. It was hard not having her head on chest to stroke during the peak of pain.

Augie has never shown aptitude in this area but stepped up nicely today. He is very much a Daddy's boy. I joke Allen is Augie's man crush. Sweet, goofy Augie lumbered his 90 lb self into my bed and let me pet and stroke him for a couple hours...atleast until Daddyman came home. Once the door alarm dinged he flew out of my bed like hounds coming out of the start gate. I now know Augie did learn how to help me from Ava and that he just always let her be my comfort. He comforted me in his own way and made me laugh at his high flying dash to greet the Daddyman.

Thank you all for all the kind words and support. Greytalk is a special place indeed!

-Alicia

I am so very sorry to hear about Ava. I know how much that very sweet girl meant to you, and I wish you rest and peace so that you can heal from your pain. Sounds like she had a very loving passing and there was no doubt in her mind how much she was loved. Take care of you now..........hugs.

Karen

Alicia, I was so sorry to read that your beloved Ava is gone. It was so obvious how bonded you were to each other in every post you wrote about her. I know that Ava would want you to be well and take care of yourself.

We will be thinking about you in the days and weeks to come, as you face the grief of losing Ava. We know all too well how awful that pain is. In our darkest moments, and there were many of them, we reminded ourselves that we had released Bee Wiseman from her pain. This helped us cope with her loss. You have given Ava the same loving gift, a new life without pain.

I wish you peace, Alicia. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Sending you sympathy in your grief. And hoping that one day the many, many happy memories you have of Ava will begin to outweigh the pain of her loss.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

:gh_run2

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I'm so sorry for your loss. Ava was a lucky girl to be so loved. Godspeed Ava! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest avadogner

Thank y'all for the continued support and sweet words. We are all missing Ava terribly. Augie has shut down and only gets out of bed for dinner and his walk. He is my always getting into something hound. When I sit by his bed he gets up and turns around and gives me his back. I know he is mourning just Allen and I are. Saturday we went to the dog park and actually met another grey! Greys are far and few around here so we were so excited. He is big boy named Alex who was solid black like Ava. Augie was thrilled to play with him. We stayed for two hours and he was wiped out. Allen took him for a 4 mile nature trail walk on Sunday and he is still wiped out. We are trying to keep him busy. He sleeps in Ava's bed with her favorite stuffed cat and blanket. Do I let him keep them or is it better for him if I put them away?

Thanks for everything,

Angel Ava and Augie's Mum

I would think he would be comforted by her things and let him have them as long as he likes. :grouphug Poor little guy

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Oh my dear Alicia,

I am so broken to hear you lost your sweet sassy Ava. I feel so fortunate to have a special picture of her and Augie that you sent to me in your condolense card. I still keep it on Angel's memorial table. Right now I have it in front of me and am giving Ava kisses goodbye and asking her to take good care of mommy and daddy and Augie. What a sweet picture. She was a real Black Beauty like my Ange. Now our two Black Beauties are runnig together. Your pain cannot be measured - I know - as your wonderfu Ava is not there by your side now. May you feel her watching over you and loving you from Heaven. I am so sorry Alicia.

Run free you sweet beautiful girl, run free Ava.

:f_red:f_pink:gh_run2:f_pink:f_red

Thank y'all for the continued support and sweet words. We are all missing Ava terribly. Augie has shut down and only gets out of bed for dinner and his walk. He is my always getting into something hound. When I sit by his bed he gets up and turns around and gives me his back. I know he is mourning just Allen and I are. Saturday we went to the dog park and actually met another grey! Greys are far and few around here so we were so excited. He is big boy named Alex who was solid black like Ava. Augie was thrilled to play with him. We stayed for two hours and he was wiped out. Allen took him for a 4 mile nature trail walk on Sunday and he is still wiped out. We are trying to keep him busy. He sleeps in Ava's bed with her favorite stuffed cat and blanket. Do I let him keep them or is it better for him if I put them away?

Thanks for everything,

Angel Ava and Augie's Mum

Alicia,

I think I would let Augie keep the stuffy and blanket of Ava's. It is a comfort to him and the closest thing he has of her. I had to have Angels stuffy with me in bed when she passed. Dont think I am wierd. It may be that her presense is real to him in her bed.

I am so very sorry for your loss **wipes tears**

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

I'm so sorry. It sounds as if she had a very peaceful passing surrounded by the people who loved her. RIP

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

Guest FreddyGirl

Your love for Ava shins through in your writing about her, she was LOVED. I know the feeling of knowing when it is time. It WW also a comfort to me having my Bobbi pass in my arms. You gave your final gift of love to her.

I know that I needed to see Bobbi's coat for a while, her collar and leash. I imagine your Augie needs to smell her to be comforted. Keep,her scent around for him.

(HUGS)

Godspeed sweet baby girl Ava, look for a tall red fawn wearing a purple collar. Bobbi will show you the way. :f_pink

Alicia....what a lovely tribute to a beautiful soul. May you find comfort in your memories of her.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Just reading this now. I'm very sorry to hear of Ava's passing. She had a wonderful life with you and passed knowing she was loved.

f_yellow Run with the angels sweetheart :gh_run

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly