Knuckles Van Hemert

Guest CorbysMom

Guest CorbysMom

To all the wonderful people who contributed to Knuckles surgery Chip In and to everyone who has been rooting him on:

Knuckles, my Christmas present to my best friend, Kathy Van Hemert, has just begun his journey to the Bridge.

Knuckles was doing well post op (his hip dislocated about a month ago, so I did a fundraiser to help his Dad, Don, afford the surgery)and all looked good for the brave pup. He was out in the yard the other day with Don. Knuckles thought Don was going to throw a ball for him, so he started to do a happy dance. Don heard Knuckles' hip pop out of the socket again. He rushed Knuckles to the vet.

Knuckles was stabilized and the second surgery was performed today. They think Knuckles threw a blood clot to the brain. He never made it out of anesthesia. Kathy's puppy started his journey to be with her again.

I just want to thank everyone for helping Don to give little Knuckles what he deserved: a shot at a normal life. Your caring and the love shown by helping a young brindle tripod greyhound who talked all the time, loved to play fetch, ate holes in the drywall in the basement, was featured on Channel 2 NY News and loved his Mom and Dad will never be forgotten. Thank you. All of you.

Fly free, Knuckles. Needless to say, Don is just devastated.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so sad to here this. His poor dad has to be so sad. Godspeed Knuckles, go find your mom sweetie.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Last night when I responded to this, I could barely type. I was not aware of his needed surgery, so this came as a complete shock. I wanted to post this for those, who like me, never met him, but fell in love with his pictures, and met him through our TV the morning he stole the show on The CBS Morning Show. Here's the clip.

Run pain-free Knuckles. f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

This is unbearably sad---for a precious dog who is gone way, way too soon, and for everyone who loved him, especially his Dad. I'm so very sorry.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am so sorry. He was such a brave little boy. :grouphugf_yellow

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I keep needing to cry for his Dad, just imagining what a last connection to Kathy Knuckles has been for him --- such dear people and such a special, brave little dog. White light in abundance.... and lots of tears.

I am so sorry. f_yellow

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

How devastating. I am so very sorry. I cannot imagine the pain Don is in right now. Please let him know that he has our sympathy.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Oh no, Knuckles :cry1 this is so sad. I hope he and Kathy had a joyous reunion at the bridge. Please give my condolences to his dad. :f_red

I'll never forget when we all got to met him via the Today Show.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

My condolences to all Knuckles' people.

Godspeed, special little guy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Very very sad. I am sorry for Don's loss of a beautiful pup who left us all too soon.

Run free Knuckles, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest jettcricket

Oh, I am so sad and shocked to hear about sweet Knuckles. I was following him on FB. I meet Knuckles in Dewey a few years ago. Oh, sweet precious boy. Go find your Momma.:cry1

How incredibly sad. My heart goes out to Don.

Godspeed Knuckles.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh my heart is breaking. My deepest sympathy to all who loved Knuckles.

Run free fast happy and HEALTHY Knuckles and you just happy dance all you want now. You are loved always and will never ever be forgotten.

:f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red