Andy ( Andy's Alibi )

Wiscogreysmom

It has taken me a couple of days before I could come here to post this. We had to say goodbye to Andy on Fridy morning, and though I have been trying to prepare myself for this since last March, it hasn't been any easier.

As a few of you know here, we have racing dogs, and that is how Andy came into our lives almost 13 years ago. He was born in Oklahoma and he and his sister came to live here in April 1999. When we chose names for them, we picked Andy and Cleo, and they were registered as Andy's Alibi and Covergirl Cleo. We were lucky to have been a part of their lives from day one. They went off to school in December of 1999.

Andy had a muscle injury which cut his racing career short and retired in June of 2001, then came home in the fall. It was like he knew this was where he belonged.

He was a wonderful boy. I can't remember that he ever chewed up anything, ate anything that he wasn't suppose to, or really ever got in any trouble. The worst thing I can remember is one summer of digging up the same hole in the back yard over and over again, then laying down next to it like he was guarding it from me filing it in. He did not like to ride, and the only time he ever jumped into the car was when we left the vet's office, cause I think he couldn't wait to get the heck out of there and go home. He LOVED to be outside, and spent lots of time just lounging in the back yard, laying in the cool grass, or soaking up the sunshine. Our whole yard is fenced and he would spend hours outside with me while I was working in the yard. I think the only thing that he ever really annoyed me with was his wanting to go outside during the middle of the night.

He always felt that everyone who came to the house came to see him, and everyone always commented on how tall and black and shiny he was. Eventually the gray slipped in, then sort of seemed to take over.

He had slowed down this last year, and in March came a day that he had trouble getting up. He spent a night at the vet, which I think was the only night he had spent away from home since he retired. The vet diagnosed LS. We started meds, and with the help of a chiropractor, acupuncture and herbal supplements, I think we gave him a good quality of life through the summer and fall. December 8th, I came home and he seemed to have a set-back. We upped the meds a little, and had another acupuncture treatment, but I knew that we were going day by day. He rallied a little bit and was able to be up and outside a little bit at a time. We had our Christmas, and he got lots of treats to enjoy. I was home most of the week, so we got to spend a lot of time together, and Friday morning it was time to say our goodbyes. We have hundreds of pictures and thousands of memories, but they just never seem to be enough.

We were very lucky to have shared so much of his life, and I know that he knew how much we loved him. He had a good, and long life, and I think got to do everything he ever wanted to do, except maybe catch the squirrels in the back yard.

4-21-99Andy1.jpg

Andy at 3 months old, when he first came to Wisconsin.

WandaBunnyDogs24-15-06.jpg

He was always a good sport.

12-3-08Andy4.jpg

He loved to be outside, even in the snow.

1-23-11AndyBW.jpg

One of my favorites of the white face.

12-25-11Andy5.jpg

Christmas 2011.

I know that Cleo met you at the bridge and now you will be able to run and play together again.

We love and miss you.

I am sorry that I couln't fix it anymore.

Wanda, with the DC Racing Kids,

Eric ( DNT Finbarclancy )  6/29/14    Maggie ( DNT Oh Maggie ) 6/29/14

Lorraine ( DC Don't Rainonme ) 3/15/08 - 4/9/20 ---  Suzie ( DC Lazy Susan ) 3/12/06 - 9/4/18 --- Stormy ( DC Major Storm ) 11/29/99 - 1/21/12 ---- Andy ( Andy's Alibi ) 1/23/99 - 12/30/11

I'm so sorry that your beautiful Andy is gone. How lucky you were to see his life through, so happily, from beginning to end. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I am sorry for the loss of your dear, sweet Andy.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, handsome boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm very sorry for your loss. You gave him a wonderful life.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

What a long and wonderful life he had with you. Thank-you for the pictures from puppyhood to elder statesman.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Andy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

You gave him a wonderful life. We are so sorry for your loss.

Run free Andy. :f_white

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I am so sorry for your loss. What a long and happy life he had with you and how hard it is to lose them, no matter how long they've been part of your life.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am so sorry for the loss of your handsome Andy.

RIP sweet boy.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France