Rapido Rockadoo

heartdogs

Rocky aka Doodles, Old man was my DDs boy. Rocky was found running in Dallas where a good lady picked him up & called GALT as she could mot keep him. He STUNK so she bathed him several times until Sisie picked him up. Galt didn't want to keep him so that afternoon Susie brought him to my office so GPA North Texas could take him into our program. He still stunk so I had to drive with all windows open to our vet's office where Rocky was found to be full of all types of worms except for heartworms. After staying at the vet's office for a week he went to DDs ranch & we took him to our M&Gs but people thought he was just an old red dog, no one would look past his face to see the goofy boy so after a long time of being overlooked Rocky decided he wuld make it known that he belong at the ranch. We were at Petco in Wichita Falls & when my DD walked to the back of the store Rocky started screaming the GSOD, everyone inside the store & even people outside came running to see what had happened & when he saw DD he stopped screaming & grinded at her so I told her Rocky was home with her & we didn't take him to M&Gs again. Rock was such a homebody that he got upset when he went to the vets or even to my house. About 2 weeks ago a bone spur broke off his last rib & started to cause problems with his back legs & then he got an infection in his spine that just got worse & after crying most of the night before we took him in to the vet for the last time & he had a very peaceful passing. Not the birthday present she wanted but it had to be done. Now there is no male grey "up the hill" at the ranch which seems strange, Laura doesn't want Prince so he stays here.

Run free Doodles, go find all your friends that went before you, there is a big hole here in north TX. :gh_run:gh_run

We are so sorry for your loss. Sounds like he knew where his home was before everyone else did.

Run free Rocky.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest mattbta

I am sorry for your loss. We lost our's in the middle of the night on the 7th. You are right, very big holes here in North Texas.

Run free Rocky.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, much-loved boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Felicity and Laura,

I am so sorry for your loss of such a special boy.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am sorry for your loss. Rocky sounds like he definitely found a home.

Run free Rocky, run free sweetie..:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

My sincere condolences on your loss. He must have been very special indeed to know where he belonged.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so sorry for your loss :( .

Rest in peace, Rocky.

:brokenheart:gh_lay:brokenheart

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Don't know how anyone could think Rocky other than gorgeous, and their loss was your gain. I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest tricolorhounds

Sounds like Rocky was a very special boy who wormed his way into your hearts. Felicity I'm so sorry he had to leave... Let Laura know we are thoughts are with her.

{{{ Hugs}}}

Edited by tricolorhounds

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 He ended up where he was meant to be, but he didn't get to stay long enough.

Godspeed Rocky.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Last night I told Laura about everyone's nice comments & she was surprised but touched that strangers cared so much. She still has 5 grey girls & my SIL has 3 non greys but said there is a big hole without a grey boy in the house. The farm that we got our dogs from is no more so I don't know if she'll get another one.

Godspeed, Rocky. :gh_run2

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead