Wabi Has Blown Away Like A Dandelion

Xan

Run free to good health, little girl...

big hugs, Xan

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greystoked

Please accept our heartfelt condolences for your loss. I remember Wabi, in story and pic... when I found odd dandelions, it was revealed that Wabi liked 'em, too.

Always remember how you filled a life with joy and love, and how you get it right back.

This is turning into a very low day indeed. We are truly sorry.

Xan,

I am so sorry for you loss of precious Wabi. I've been on here long enough to have seen her entire journey, when I saw her name I cried because even though I've never met her I felt like I knew her. f_yellow

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

Wabi was a true character and her journey to your home was special for all of us. Now she takes this next journey alone, but not without the love of her parents and all on GT that have been there through thick and thin.

Wabi, enjoy the cool breezes, warm sunshine and all the stuffies you can attack

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

I am still frequently guided by WWWD

WHAT WOULD WABI DO?

stars.gif

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I am so sorry Xan.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I am sorry beyond words. Wabi was incredibly wonderful, and so fortunate to be so well-loved by you. Hoping her lasting joy touches you soon, and sharing tears -- she was loved by many here.

So many full hearts and kind words!! Thanks to Wabi, that fragile vessel, we can all have this pain, which is just a sign of how much love she gave us all! In time, it will go back to the joy, the funny memories, the lesson. When I think of what I want to say to her, it all boils down to, "Thank you, Wabi."

When Happy died a couple years ago (really? How could it be so long?), I had heart-shaped brass tags made; one for her and one for my first dog, Hobie. Each has a couple words after his or her name that apply. Wabi's will say,

"Wabi

Thank you"

We are so sorry.

We never met her but she helped us through Kebo's ordeal.

When they told us what they would have to do to fix him I thought, its okay, he will look like that sweet girl Wabi we read about on GT.

We will continue to remember her every time we look at Kebo's funny face.

That is wonderful! :wub: When I see Kebo's face, I think of how lovable he must seem to you, that you've gone through this thing with him, and he has this adorable face to turn up to you and shine with love. I'm glad Wabi could go before Kebo to light that way up with good associations!

Xan, did she have gastric torsion? We lost our Labrador that way. I felt sort of the same; that Josh lived life at full throttle, and it would have been devastating to watch him die, inch by inch, the way so many of our beloved pets (and parents) do. He was gone before I even knew he was sick--I got the sad call after it was all over.

She was a special little girl that won't be forgotten.

Yes, it was gastric torsion. I watched a dobie mix I was pet-sitting, way out in the boonies beyond reach of vet help, die that way. I just knew it was bloat with Wabi, and had a horrible feeling it would not turn out well. :( But, like you say, if there's a silver lining, that's certainly it. She was enjoying life right up to the last couple hours of her life, which she spent in my arms whispering our love to her right into her velvet ears.

For Wabi.....forever fields of dandelions.........

dandelions.jpg

That would surely be Wabi's idea of heaven!!

Wabi belonged to all of us. I'm so sorry to hear about her. She was a real sweetheart.

I'm so glad you feel that way! She was a gift to the whole world.

Tears here, too. I'm so sorry for your loss. Every one of our dogs is special, but sometimes one comes along that surpasses all expectations and it's a miracle they are with us in the first place. An extra special bond is created through the nurturing that is required for such a dog to survive and it makes every day a gift. I feel that way about Hope, and I think that was your Wabi, too. Many hugs. I'm sorry your time was cut short. Your tribute to Wabi is exceptionally well written.

That's it: every dog is special, particularly to their loved ones. We were incredibly lucky to have shared so many happy years with her, though it would never ever be enough, but it was important to share her with GT, at least, who's members were so open to her peculiar charms! :lol

Hope is a lovely little thing. I know you love her with your whole hearts! It's there in her name. :bighug

I am still frequently guided by WWWD

WHAT WOULD WABI DO?

stars.gif

Heh! Good rule to live by!

(Answer: Eat the dandelions, then cuddle, and/or run around like a maniac, enjoy your dinner, then cuddle. If you can stick your foot in someone's sensitive areas - face, bits, whatever - all the better! :lol )

DSCF2026.jpg

Wbeachballcollarsmiling.jpg

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Xan and family,

I was so sorry to see the news! I don't pretend to know all of Wabi's story but I have enjoyed learning as much as possible about Miss Sweetness whom we came to know as Wabi! I can't imagine the pain and ache you are are going through right now. Please accept my condolences.

I hope that one day you can publish a beautiful dandelion book filled with Wabi and her story!!

Love and inappropriate footsteps to you all during your healing and remembering.

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

Xan, I'm so very sorry about Wabi's passing :( Such a shock, and I've such vivid memories of her antics and Wabi-isms that endeared her to all of us here on GT. My condolences on the loss of a treasured friend.

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

I'm just seeing this... I'm so sorry, Xan & H...

I think all the other GTers have said it all - everyone here loves Wabi - and always will!

Run free in the dandelion fields, Wabi!!

(lots of hugs, Xan...)

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Oh no! I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Thank you for sharing the gift that was Wabi with all of us.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Only just heard.....I'm sat here in shock with tears streaming down my face for a brave little one who I'd never actually met but read so much about.

I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your precious Wabi....no words can express....

f_yellow

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose