Wabi Has Blown Away Like A Dandelion

Xan

OMG, Xan, I can't believe it!! I'm so very sorry. I remember when you adopted Wabi. She was so special from the start. Wabi and her dandelions; we even have her collar. I'm so very sorry. :f_red

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so, so sorry, Xan. Turbo left us in much the same way. One minute we we're taking him to the vet for what we thought was a GI issue, the next, we were signing euthanasia consent forms. It's brutal and a punch in the gut. I'm so very sorry. Wabi was a really special pup. Thank you for sharing her with us over the years. She will be greatly missed :cry1:grouphug

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

OMG! I am stunned and sobbing after seeing this. Such a special girl! I am so so sorry for your loss. The image of Wabi's spirit floating away on a breeze is precious. May she always spread seeds of joy and hope. :f_pink

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

Oh, Xan! My heart sank to see Wabi's name here. I am so sorry for the loss of your special, precous girl.

:grouphug :grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Oh, you guys! I'm so touched, reading your messages to me and DH. Somehow, just knowing little Wabi's soul touched so many is a comfort, even though it means more hearts are heavy today.

Cara-Lea said something on FB that I just have to share with you here. It was so perfect (special emphasis mine):

Xan, my heart is just shattered to hear the news.. Wabi was such a special soul... I remember reading along her journey from when you saw her picture, to the process of bringing her home... to changing her name from "Sweetness" to Wabi. Every single time I see a dandelion, Wabi will be in my heart and thoughts. She was a message to all of us to love life, live with joy and embrace our imperfections until we can see them for what they really are.. the things that make us the most special. Know that we are thinking of you and sending you love and peace at this sad time. Run free, beautiful Wabi.

That sums it up nicely. :bighug

Xan, I am so terribly sorry. My heart is shattered for you. I lost River a month ago (although I never posted about it) and know how difficult it is to imagine our lives without our precious ones to caress.

Wabi was exceptional in so many ways and wrapped herself around hearts throughout the world. We celebrated her courage, her survival and her extraordinary enthusiasm for life. Now we will weep together at her passing. Please accept my heart felt condolences. (((gentle hugs)))

With Love, Annie

Oh, Annie! Not beautiful River! :( I'm so sorry! I'm sure you're still feeling that pain deeply. :(:bighug :bighug :bighug

Celebrating is what I **want** to do for/about Wabi's life. It was an intense message of deep comfort I got as I lay sobbing in the back of the car with her still-warm body in my arms on the way home from the e-vet. Wabi's life was about celebration: that's the proper response to her life. Gratitude and celebration. I do feel both, but through the tears for now.

I remember as it was yesterday when Melissa and I took Wabi to the airport in Kansas City to begin her journey - she was known as Sweetness then. We could have never imagined her journey would take her so far and allow her to soar so high. Wabi was truly blessed to have found you Xan.

Over the years, following her on GT, we would take pictures and stories back to the farm where she was born. They were so happy knowing she was living a very special life with you.

May you find peace for her sudden loss and be sustained by the memories that are uniquely Wabi.

Godspeed precious one.

You took them pictures? That's so great! I don't think I knew that. I can't ever thank you enough for getting Wabi to me. The blessings she showered on us were mostly quiet, wink.gif but always joyfully profound.

My heart is in my throat. :( I'm so sorry for your loss of a very special girl.

I'm quite sure this is what greeted her when she crossed the rainbow bridge..

dandelion-field-080807.jpg

This just made me burst into new tears - but, in a sorta good way. Thank you for that image.

I'm so, so sorry, Xan. Turbo left us in much the same way. One minute we we're taking him to the vet for what we thought was a GI issue, the next, we were signing euthanasia consent forms. It's brutal and a punch in the gut. I'm so very sorry. Wabi was a really special pup. Thank you for sharing her with us over the years. She will be greatly missed :cry1:grouphug

Oh, awful. Yes, that's exactly it. :( :( Poor Turbo. Poor you!! :bighug :bighug :bighug Although, I knew, I just knew it was bloat, a bit part of me was still hanging on to the comfort of denial. I still made DH come with me, just in case.

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Rest in Peace Wabi,, lay in a field of dandelions and know that you are loved and missed.

:candle

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Guest alannamac

Oh no.........so very sorry for your sudden loss.

What a blessing that Pogo is trying to distract you and keep your spirits up

while you adjust to the shock.

:f_red

Guest budsmom

Xan, I am so sorry - I don't have the words. Wabi was a truly special, one in a million soul that had a very special job to do here with all of us. From now on, whenever I feel like I just can't go on, I'm going to think about Wabi and know that I can. She was such an inspiration. I hope that all your happy times and memories can bring you and DH peace.

Guest Yankeegreyhound

I'm so very, very sorry. I remember when you got Wabi. I remember reading her story and feeling so happy she had found a home with you.

I was away from GT for years and I was so excited to come across some new Wabi posts. It was like I never left.

This is just breaking my heart. I can't even imagine what you're going through. Again, Im so very sorry. :brokenheart:bighug

Adding my condolences to the list. It doesn't seem enough. It's not enough. But I'm so, so, so very sorry.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Oh, Xan, like everyone, I am crying for your quirky, indomitable little girl. It doesn't seem possible that such a bright light and humongous spirit is not with you still (of course, she will always be with you, but I know you must ache to touch her one more time). Anything that we say can't really compare with the lovely, tender words of your tribute. You understood her best, and loved her unconditionally. You are right, she travelled through time and space into the hearts of everyone who knew her, even if it was just on the pages of Greytalk.

She will be missed immeasureably. Somehow, the world seems a little grayer, just knowing that she is not out there being Wabi. No one else could ever come close.

Thank-you so much for sharing her with us. I'm so sorry you lost your precious Wabi.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Xan, I'm so sorry. I don't post much here any more but remember when you got Wabi and all of the wonderful stories about her.

Robin - Cordova (Memphis), TN

Argus (BB's Turbo) #86152 Oswald Cobblepot X Hilary Pride

Butler (GoodOleBoyRoy) #92232 Castor Troy X Princess Josie

Bridge Angel Callie (Tom S Macaroon) #87886 Black Streaker X Tom S Megan, April 15, 2000 - November 3, 2012

We are so sorry for your sudden loss. Wabi was very special to the GT family. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest RiverCityGang

Oh, Xan, I'm so sorry ! I loved reading about Wabi, she was such a delightful girl with her spirit and determination! Run free, Wabi, you will be missed !

Oh my goodness - I am so, so sorry for your sudden loss of Wabi :(:grouphug .

f_yellow:brokenheartf_yellow:brokenheartf_yellow:brokenheartf_yellow

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Ah, Wabi, no. :( Gentle hugs.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".