Wabi Has Blown Away Like A Dandelion

Xan

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am sitting here bawling. I never got to meet Wabi in person but reading about her made me feel like I did. My heart goes out to you and your dh. I will forever remember your wabi the dandilion lover

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Xan, I'm just seeing this now. Wabi leaves such a great legacy. We could all learn a lot from her. And I like others, will miss her sweetness.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am so sorry. Such a special and sweet girl. I remember watching her journey from the farm to your house.... I think the fields of dandelions are never-ending at the bridge... run (bounce) free sweet girl.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Thank you all so much for your kindness, and for sharing both Wabi and the pain of her loss with us. It's really been a sweet/painful comfort to us.

While I'm being strenuously encouraged NOT to make any big decisions for a little while, I'm actually considering getting a dandelion tattoo, over my heart. What do you all think? ;) I've never felt the need to permanently mark myself with anything, but ... I'm starting to "get" it, from the inside.

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Thank you all so much for your kindness, and for sharing both Wabi and the pain of her loss with us. It's really been a sweet/painful comfort to us.

While I'm being strenuously encouraged NOT to make any big decisions for a little while, I'm actually considering getting a dandelion tattoo, over my heart. What do you all think? ;) I've never felt the need to permanently mark myself with anything, but ... I'm starting to "get" it, from the inside.

Wait awhile...think about it...then go for it!

Peace to you and yours.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Wabi...such a special little beauty she was. I am so sorry that she had to leave so soon, too soon. But she won't be forgotten - how can such a living and breathing iteration of why to enjoy every day and to love and be loved, ever be forgotten? And if part of the remembering is a little bit of pain, a little bit of sad...well, they are worth it, aren't they? Hugs and peace to all of you...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest jackjack

Oh my goodness, Xan! I am just seeing this now. I'm so, so sorry to hear about Wabi. She had a wonderful life with you. And, when you're ready, go get your tattoo. What a wonderful way to remember a wonderful dog.

Please take care of yourself.

Xan, I am so very very Sorry!!!!!!!!! :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug I will never forget Wabi and all the beautiful, inspiring stories!!!!

:f_red:f_red:gh_run

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

It's taken me 3 days to come here and post, I still have trouble believing she's gone. Xan I don't have to tell you what a wonderful little one Wabi was. You can tell that by the number of people who are shocked and saddened by her passing. She has left such a legacy and taught us much about living life to the fullest. I'd like to think that Miz Foxy is looking out for her, she's just the type of girl she'd like to hang around with.

Hugs to you and H. :f_white (we really need some dandelions around here ... just sayin' )

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest Adrianne

I'm sitting here shocked. I can't believe it. I am so, so sorry.

At 6:30 last night, I was calling vets.......by 10pm, we were fitting the sod together on top of her grave.

This made me cry, because I remember thinking thoughts so similar to that. I remember thinking, "What the hell just happened here?" It's almost like getting hit by a bus you never saw coming.

Your family is in my thoughts. :f_white

Guest joni6972

What a gift she was to all that follow these special dogs. She always has and always will make me smile. What a wonderful life she had after coming to you.

A new star shines bright since her passing--and the hearts of many feel her loss.

All your kind words bring us both comfort and more tears, as we're touched by your caring. We're making the very conscious effort to allow happiness to get in under the veil of sadness, to enjoy things, to hold tight to Wabi's lesson ... but we've a long way to go before that's easy. Still trying to recall how it was we lived before Wabi's death. Simple things still seem impossibly complicated. My husband got a bad cold the next morning as a reaction to the stress.

Janet, I like your siggy: "If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance!" Or, if you're Wabi-esque, chase the sitters around barking until they get up to dance, too. :wub:

I've already written to Gil about the possibility of getting a tattoo while in Dewey from the famous Dave. DH wants me to do it closer to home, but I feel like there's a rightness about getting a greyhound-loving person to do it, in a greyhound-centered environment. Even though it won't even have a greyhound in it!

I don't know if anyone is going to read all this, but it still feels good to write this stuff out.

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Ye gods and little fishes, woman . . . OF COURSE people are reading and sharing your pain with you.

When you can, perhaps a new thread revisiting the Wabi-in-the-great-masterpieces series? I'll admit ever since I never see an image of the Mona Lisa without thinking about her.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

I had to excuse myself at work to go and cry in the bathroom. It's amazing how she touched people that never met her. I'm so sorry for all of us to have lost her and of course sorry for your family that got to see her everyday.

Missing my bridge greys Opal and Eden and cat Bailey. Mom to Missy the Super Mutt and recent foster failure of Miley to mini-mutt.

Guest houndstooth4

I'm just now seeing this, but I can remember when Wabi was just a puppy and had first come to you! I am so very sorry for your loss. Wabi was a very special girl and definitely loved by many!