Tanner, Life And Greyhound Adoption

MisserGil

Guest alannamac

:f_red :f_red

Gil I am so sorry to learn that Tanner has passed. He was such a handsome friendly fellow. He was there at your house when I adopted Bandit (Twister Bandit) at a 4th of July picnic in 2002. His presence calmed and reassured all of the new pups up for adoption.

You've experienced a great loss. Wishing you strength

and hoping that your pain passes quickly into fond happy memories of Tanner.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gil, I'm sorry to hear about Tanner. :(

No loss is easy, but some are harder than others. Tanner will be remembered by many people here on GreyTalk. Gil, I am so sorry for your losses. To lose three so close together is a heartbreaker.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Tanner.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest K9_Lady

:cry1 Gil, I am so very sorry about Tanner and I am so glad that I met him. He was such a sweet boy. Your tribute was beautiful and he will be forever in your heart. :paw:heart

"For although we may not be together in the way we used to be

We are still connected by a cord no one can see

So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart

If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart"

He will be missed. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm so sorry that you have had to say goodbye to your boy.

How true that each one leaves their mark on our heart when they leave.

Rest in peace, Tanner.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I'm so sorry for your loss. Tanner sounds like a very special boy indeed. Godspeed Tanner.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

A beautiful tribute to a life well lived, and a Greyhound well loved. Farewell gentle Tanner and peace to you, Gil.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Thanks everyone.. I woke up this morning after a night of tears, hoping that it was all a bad dream. There is another major void in my life.. Like I have said before, losing three in six months has been tough. I still get teary eyed when I even think about it all..

<b>These of course are just my humble opinions and in no way express the thoughts or ideas of the management, staff or members of this or any other board.. </b>
James River Greyhounds, Richmond VA
Homer, Gunnar and Scarlett,... Bridge Kids, Belle, Toby, Tanner, Pumpkin, Dimples and Tyrone, Willis, Duncan, Clea,Cable and Gracie