Tomax Smart Play (Max)

maximum

Clicking the "Start new topic" button here is the hardest thing I've ever done.

The most perfect boy who ever was, is no more. How can a dog so full of life, so full of zest, so full of himself, be gone?? And he left without me...I am away at school in BC and he collapsed this morning; was gone before DH could catch him and lower him to the floor. Poor DH is going through this alone, in our home that is so full of Max...

He was 13 so it's not like this was unexpected but so fast, so fast. He had been out of sorts on the weekend, extra pant-y, shakier than normal, so DH made appt with chiropractor for adjustment today. That's where it happened, he just went down...and our little family is left with a giant hole.

May I share some memories of my boy? For he was a momma's boy through and through - I sang "me and my shadow" to him all the time, he was always at my hip. I don't think I know how to walk around my house without accommodating for a greyhound shaped appendage... :(

And oh how he loved to tease me! Outside he would stand just around the corner of the house while I would call him to come in, so I'd have to go out and around to find him. There he'd be standing waiting for me, play bowing - what a fun game! Or, he wasn't allowed in the kitchen when food was being made - so he'd stand in the doorway with two feet juuuust inside the door, looking at me, one ear up one ear down - I could just hear him "technically, I'm not *in* the kitchen, mom!"

Waterloo-20110424-00159.jpg

He always had crazy ears; I always told him I knew exactly what he was thinking by the way he held his ears!!

Picture030.jpg

I cannot believe he is gone,and suspect it won't seem quite real until I get home this weekend. He was a very composed greyhound but enjoyed all that life brought his way and accepted everything with aplomb. His personality filled our home. I cannot imagine him holding court from his bed in the centre of our living room, the centre of our home...

Waterloo-20110424-00152.jpg

Playing with stuffies:

Picture036.jpg

Holding down our (his) bed was a job he took seriously:

cedarlodge2010001.jpg

or holding down the yard, for that matter!

cedarlodge2010003.jpg

He was breathtakingly regal and dignified:

maxinshadow.jpg

Summer09008.jpg

but could be oh-so-silly

12thb-dayparty012.jpg

He wasn't afraid to give his opinion; here is telling us off because we were playing "monkey inthe middle" with him - and he had had ENUFF!

Summer09051.jpg

Oh how he loved to run and play with stuffies...

Max043.jpg

Whatever I have in my hand, he wants me to throw it again!

Picture023.jpg

I can't believe I am never going to look down and see this again:

kitchen010-1.jpg

Until we meet again, my boy, my love, my heart and my soul, sleep well, play hard, eat all the snow you want, beat the stuffings out of all the stuffies, eat all the cookies you want. I'll be with you again and remember - momma loves you more than peanut butter...

Maxplaying005-2.jpg

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{{{{ Lisa }}}} What a lovely tribute to a well-loved boy. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Godspeed Max :f_red:gh_run

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

My heart goes out to you and your husband.

My face is wet with tears.

I believe that never has a dog been more loved, never has a dog had better people by his side.

Godspeed, unforgettable Max.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Send your family a sign, sweetie, then go back to running free and fast, eating anything and everything, and wallowing in unlimited stuffies.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

I am so very sorry. I saw one of your recent posts responding about senior pups and now Max is gone. He was a beautiful boy and your tribute demonstrates just how beautiful he was.

Run free Max, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Lisa, I sent you a PM.

I'm so so sorry. Words can never express how sad I am for you and Kevin. Max lived with dignity (well, most of the time) and died with dignity, very quickly, just being the sweet soul he always was. We will miss you Max, especially our walks in Waterloo Park. We will always have fond memories of NCR, M&G's and your soft soft fur.

Lisa, no one could have given him a better life. He was loved so much and brought happiness and joy to many people over the years. Your tribute was beautiful

Rest well dear Max, We will miss you.

Love Jan, Ben and Brooke

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

What a complex, intuitive, joyful, loving guy he was (as well as being stunningly beautiful). And how blessed you were to have shared your life with him. Your pain and your loss and your love are so clear in your beautiful tribute. And yes, what an enormous empty space he will leave. In time, I hope your many wonderful memories will fill some of those spaces.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Max.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

What a heartfelt and touching tribute to your boy. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Lisa and Kevin, I couldn't be more sorry for your loss. Max was so funny and so special. He was always around and I wouldn't have been surprised if he was with us forever. And he is, in both photos and wonderful, silly memories.

I loved Max, as did Phoenix (especially), Loca, and then Treasure. We miss him already.

Here is my very favourite picture of him. There are so many, but this picture really shows off his playful side.

maxandmax.jpg

And the last picture I took of him, Lisa. This was a few months ago. You, Jan, Max, Phene, Treasure, Brooke and Ben. So many memories in one photograph.

max2.jpg

Max, I hope you've found your good friends Sebbie, Mac, Bailey, Tally, Loca and Phene. Give them all hugs and kisses from all of us and have a blast. You were the last of an era and I'm going to miss you a lot.

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

What a lovely tribute to a wonderful boy. You can tell that he loved you both so much. I know your heart will never be the same but what wonderful memories he has left you. Sending gentle hugs and greyhound kisses to all who loved him- Janice, Luka and Peace

What a darling precious he was....

I feel so desperately sad for you losing him....

Sending the very deepest sympathy to you and your husband

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

:cry1 I don't know who could get through that without tears. I'm so sorry for the loss of your special boy. :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

remember - momma loves you more than peanut butter...:cry1

I am so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug

Godspeed Max, very special senior boy. :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest MyCody

A beautiful tribute to a wonderful,much loved boy. My deepest sympathies to you and your husband, this is a very difficult time I know. His personality showed in each picture, brought me to tears.

Edited by MyCody

Sincere condolences from the east side of Ontario.

Remember the god times...

Nancy, Nixon, Bandit & Ruby

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg