Black Jack - Little Joe

bjnno1

post-570-0-65875700-1297305663_thumb.jpg

Maw Maw and Black Jack, November 2008 (Today would have been Maw Maw's 85th Birthday)

I can't believe I'm typing this so soon after losing Major, but Black Jack has gone to join him in heaven, along with Maw Maw and Big David. I'm just devistated. I'm already having a hard time dealing with the sudden deaths of my grandma and step dad, putting Major to sleep the day after my birthday and now Black Jack yesterday afternoon. It just doesn't seem real.

I'm hanging in there as best I can, I know a lot of you are worried about me, but I really AM taking care of myself and getting help to deal with all of this grief (not to mention, dealing with the stress of an unsupportive boss), My Human Resources advised me to take some time off work and use my FMLA, so I've been off work since January 24th and have been going to a daily support group as well as one on one counceling twice a week with a grief counselor. They have all been WONDERFUL for me and have really helped, I'm so devistated that Black Jack is gone, but I AM grateful that I have this support already in place to help me through. When it rains it pours, huh?

I take comfort in knowing that Major is not alone and Black Jack is with him now, Black Jack was so depressed after Major died, it broke my heart, they were the best of buddies and HATED being apart. I am grateful for the 9 and 10 years that I had them in my life, so much GOOD came to my life as a result of having them. I'm not sure if/when I will get another hound, but please be assured, I WILL continue to dedicate my time (as life events permit) to Greyhound Adoption and the Greyhound community. I have no desire to leave you guys and as long as they will have me, I look forward to helping with Shamrock Greyhound Placement and the GREYHOUNDS OF THE BLUEGRASS Festival.

Please support your local rescue/adoption groups, it is SO important and these hounds are SO wonderful, I will ALWAYS be grateful for them and will ALWAYS love them.

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh BJ, I'm so very sorry. Way too much loss in way too short a period of time.

Continue to take care of yourself, OK? :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

{{{{{{{{{{BJ}}}}}}}}}}

You were a good boy, Black Jack. Take care of your brother Major.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest tricolorhounds

I am so very sorry... With so many losses so close together, I'm sure your heart is shattered into a million pieces. Take it one day at a time, remember to breath in and out.... let the tears flow, they are healing your :brokenheart

It's been said many times by people here on GT and I found out for myself last year that the angels will let you know when the time is right to adopt again and they will guide you to the hound that is meant for you. Keep your eyes open for the signs :grouphug

Oh no... :cry1 My heart is breaking for you. What a huge loss... on top of all the others. :( Many hugs to you, BJ. :grouphug

Godspeed, precious Black Jack... go run like the wind with your brother. :gh_run2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Black Jack. Way too many losses so close together.

Please consider yourself hugged by a LOT of people! :grouphug

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so very sorry. Hugs.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Oh, BJ... when I saw his name, I said NONONONONONO!!

I'm so very sorry...

Lots of hugs to you

and run free, Black Jack - I know Major was waiting for you at the bridge...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

BJ I'm so sorry.Just try to hold on and don't even try to think. C.S. Lewis said " You can't see anything properly while your eyes are blurred with tears." It is so true. Black Jack obviously needed to be with Major but you are part of them too so don't be surprised if someday you realize they truly are with you still. That love is sooo strong it transcends temporal earth stuff. Perhaps they'll send you a sign. I'm am so sorry. There needs to be a word that means beyond devastated. You are in my prayers. I am glad you have already resolved to maintain your greyhound connections because as you know there is something very special and unique about "greyhound love" and I know that will help you more than anything. Please accept my deepest sympathy.

:f_red:gh_run2:f_red