Some Good Thoughts For Miss Daytona Please

Guest greybookends

Guest greybookends

Miss Daytona came to me just over a year ago at the age of 11. She had spent her whole life on a farm.

When she came to me I noticed what at first I thought was a tick on her but upon examination discovered it to be a mole/wart/skin flap whatever you want to call it. I've seen them before. Mostly they are nothing but I do know to watch for any changes. I noticed yesterday that it has had some major sudden growth. The edges are all rough and irregular and it has a little crust on it. I knew immediately it was time for it to be removed.

She is otherwise just fine nothing unusual or out of the ordinary in behavior, activity, eating or pooping. I intend to keep it that way. I called the vet and have an appointment tomorrow morning for a preliminary exam and we will then schedule surgery to have it removed. I will make sure it gets sent off to a lab to see if it is anything malignant, so I can keep a watchful eye out for anymore, just for my own piece of mind.

While she is under I will have them check her teeth (she has NEVER had a dental, she has never needed a dental) and if she needs any cleaning have them do it. She is also a big time wiggle butt, which makes it hard to keep her toenails cut like they should be, so I will have them give her a REAL good pedicure while the wiggle butt is still. I don't like putting any hound, much less older hounds, out any more than necessary so I will tell them to do anything that needs to be done at one time so we don't have to do it again.

She is in good health and I am not overly worried but prayers are always welcome and helpful. I believe in covering all the bases and asking for help from above.

Edited by greybookends

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thoughts for Miss Daytona! I hope everything goes well.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Sending nice warm healing thoughts for the beautiful Daytona and a hug for you :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers to Miss Daytona! :kiss2

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

sending good thoughts!!! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Lori, good idea to have as much done as you can while she is under.

Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts out to sweet Daytona. Hopefully, all goes well.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Prayers from Rhode Island.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.