Larry Is Not Crossing The Bridge Today

Guest Adrianne

Very unlike him, but my love for him increased ten-fold in that moment.

I've never even met the man and I second that notion (and motion)!

Prayers that Larry responds well.

You made this decision out of very strong love for Larry so be confident that it is a good one.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got home from work, looked up at the clock, and felt sick to my stomach thinking of what you guys are going through right now. I am so, so relieved to see that Larry is still with us and that you got a second opinion.

I will continue to send many prayers that he gets through this.

Lynn_siggie-1.jpg

Oh, that is good news. I wish you the absolute best and know that you will do what is best for you sweet boy.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Adrianne! You know I've had this candle going all afternoon in my office for Larry. Hoping for the very, very best :grouphug I love that boy.

CandleLarry.jpg?t=1287087138

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

So happy you got a second opinion. Sending lots of prayers and kisses out to sweet Larry and hugs to you.

:hope:kiss2:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

This is wonderful news! I'm so glad that this sweet boy has another chance to spend more time with his wonderful family. My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you as you go down this road with him.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

Guest brandi007

Steroids are amazing - I'm glad you got a second opinion also. Our dog Misha had Lymphoma and was literally days from being put down (the Vet said she wouldn't survive the weekend). We put her on Steroids and she was able to have 3 happy, active months with Cabin visits, lots of steaks and hamburgers and TONS of love. Where Misha had a definite terminal diagnosis, I'm glad we decided to administer steroids as it allowed us to have a fantastic summer and let her go more on her terms and ours.

I'm really hoping for a good outcome for you and Larry! Lots of thoughts coming your way.

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Please let this be the answer :candle

Come on sweet boy, you have been on my mind all day :beatheart so glad you have another option to persue! Please give him a kiss from me on that big sniffy nose, that is what I call Steppers nose casue it is so HUGE! Larrys looks just like his :blush

Guest lovemyhounds

Oh, I hope Larry is on the mend. I have had you all on my mind today and put off coming to GT until just now. I am so happily surprised by this news and am sending many more prayers. Get stronger Larry, we all love you!

Guest racergirl435

:hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Larry, you have so many people pulling for you. You have been on my mind all day. I really hope that you start feeling better soon. Tell your Mom that you want more chicken and Dairy Queen. I bet you will get it. :grouphug

What she said. :)

Adrianne, I agree with others about getting the second opinion. That was a good thing to do and I think we don't always think of that with our animals. In any event, I will continue to pray for Larry and you and your husband.

Massagine with warm heat is a good idea. If you can't massage his one leg, you could just try putting warm heat on it and see if that helps until it you can massage it.

He has such a sweet face, how could God not let him live longer? :)

Guest Adrianne

Thank you everyone for the good thoughts and wishes. We all appreciate it so much!

Quick question: how often should I get Larry up to walk around, and knowing how sore he is, how long should I keep him up?

Oh, this is much better news!! Let's hope he just needs some time & meds.

Could it be that due to a kitty bite or scratch, that some infection travelled to his leg to a weak, arthritic spot and has settled there? Perhaps it just needs time to clear up. Let's hope for that, anyway!! (Years ago I sprained my ankle when I had a terrible cold. Well, the cold promptly went away; but, the ankle turned all hot & red and was full of infection. The Dr. said it was the worst he'd ever seen, and very confusing. But -- when the swelling went down & the ankle could be walked on, the horrible cold came back!!! He told me it was just a coincidence. But, I'll never believe that cold didn't go down into my ankle!!!) Crazy things happen.

Perhaps Wilbur :angel sent you to that 2nd vet. :angelwings

Come on, Larry --- we're all pulling for you.

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi

Guest IrskasMom

Adrianne , you and Larry have been on my Mind all Day.Whatever your decision might be ,you got my Support. Keeping my Fingers crossed that Larry will get better. Hugs and Prayers from here

Erika and Morty

Guest Energy11

I wouldn't get him up more than every two hours or so. I am going by how often MINE get up :-)) Just see what he can tolerate ... even if it is a short spin around the house.

Guest greymama002

So glad to hear that Larry's heart is still strong! Hang in there big guy, and let the meds have a chance to work. Such a blessing that you decided to get that 2nd opinion; continued hopes and prayers for Larry & you!

I am THRILLED to read this. :yay :yay

Sparks is also not moving much and I almost sent him to the bridge yesterday.

He hurt his back jumping up onto the couch, I believe.

He hasn't been using his left, rear leg much and last night he was finally walking better after a visit to the vet. He's also on pred and pain meds.

I'm so happy my Sparks is still with me and I'm so happy Larry is still with you.

I also wonder about the walking and how much. He's only going outside to pee every 5 hours and that's all the walking I'm allowing him.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17