Larry Is Not Crossing The Bridge Today

Guest Adrianne

Guest FreddyGirl

Such a difficult time to endure. Praying that the pred helps and that Larry feels better really soon.

Sending my best thoughts and a huge hug to you, Larry and dh.

Nancy

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigorangedog

Let Larry tell you how much walking around he can tolerate. You don't want him to overdo it. Massage, heat, and elevating the sore legs while he is lying down (and also moving them for him) will also help the edema and won't stress him as much as having to get up. I wouldn't force it if he is unwilling or very painful, maybe every 5-6 hrs at first. Rest is important too.

Guest Gingergrey

Yes, he needs to be given a fair chance to see if he recovers and what his outlook will be. You are doing the right thing. Hugs to you. :bighug

Guest zoolaine

For Larry :kiss2

I know his leg is sore but I wonder if you could do a light edema massage to try to get some of the fluid out of the leg?

A good massage therapist could really help at this point. They can also show you how to massage to reduce the edema. Jake's right front leg was huge this weekend. Partly from whatever was hurting, and partly because he was sore and wasn't moving around enough.

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

You will never know how hard I am praying for all of you. :beatheart

Me too. Sweet Larry - come on bud. We're all here with you.

Same here

Same here :grouphug

Please let the powers of GT continue to work their magic on Larry :hope

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Thinking of sweet Larry this morning and checking in for an update. I hope he had a good night-actually I hope that both of you did!

We continue to keep Larry in our thoughts. I hope he had a decent night and the drugs are starting to help.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:goodluck that Larry is feeling better this morning.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest vahoundlover

You will never know how hard I am praying for all of you. :beatheart

Me too. Sweet Larry - come on bud. We're all here with you.

Same here

Me too!

Guest bigorangedog

:goodluck that Larry is feeling better this morning.

Me too. Checking in for update before doing my kids-to-school run. Hoping to see good news when I come back.

Guest jettcricket

I just got home from work, looked up at the clock, and felt sick to my stomach thinking of what you guys are going through right now. I am so, so relieved to see that Larry is still with us and that you got a second opinion.

I will continue to send many prayers that he gets through this.

......me too, I can't access greytalk from my new computer so I jumped on a loaned lap top and was so relieved to see that he is still here with us. Praying for a miracle.....:hope