Larry Is Not Crossing The Bridge Today

Guest Adrianne

Godspeed, special boy. Hugs to your mom and dad and to little Ollie as well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kelli123

Oh my Gosh I'm at a loss for words. I am in shock. I am so so sorry for your loss. I was so hopping things where going to get better. God Speed Larry . Please give Ollie and extra kiss from US

Guest GentleHugs

OMG! :weep:brokenheart

I'm so very sorry.......... I really had hope when I heard he was getting up finally to go look for you......

Rest in peace sweet Larry........ we will never forget you.

:bighug Adrianne and family

Guest Adrianne

Thank you everyone.

I have to tell you that on Thursday, we had doubt about letting Larry go, and I don't regret our decision to try the steroids. I would have wondered for the rest of my life if we had done all we could for him. His improvement Friday seemed to bear this out. This morning, there was not even a shadow of a doubt that it was time and that we would be giving him a gift by letting him go. I have peace in my heart on that front.

Guest TheUnrulyHound

I am so very sorry Adrianne :weep Outlaw and Martin will keep Larry company and greet him with playbows and happy yips :beatheart my heart is breaking for you sweetie :cry1

It is so hard to imagine all your ups and downs. I am so sorry that Larry had to leave.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest Energy11

Oh, My Friend, I am soooo soooo sorry for your loss, BUT, you did try everything, and yes, they do tell you when it is their time!

Your precious Larry is with one of THE most wonderful men in the world, My Bob, .... whom I dubbed ... "The Keeper of all Greyhounds .. At The Bridge ... " He is also with Bold Energy, Max and Dasher, I am SURE!

I am GLAD it was a peaceful passing for one VERY SPECIAL boy ... Larry! ... God Speed Handsome Larry!

We love you! Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee and Cari

:f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red:gh_run2

I am so very sorry. I was really hoping that things were turning around for Larry.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

You have always done what is best for Larry because you love him so much. Even the emotional roller coaster of the last few days was because he was foremost in your mind and heart at all times. I wish he could have stayed longer, safe within your love, but sometimes everything we do just isn't enough to keep them with us. He was blessed to be part of such a wonderful family, even if it wasn't nearly long enough. I think when you take a senior into your home, you realize that your heartbreak might come sooner rather than later, but yet you make that unselfish decision because the rewards are so great. I'm so glad that you and Larry found each other, and that you shared him with us, but so sorry that your heart is breaking now.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Godspeed sweet Larry! You fought a good fight, now rest in peace and pain free!!!!

Adrianne, you are an angel to let him go in a peaceful way at home. May the hurt pass quickly, and greyt memories replace the tears.

:grouphug :grouphug :f_pink :f_pink :angelwings

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

Run fast and far and free, sweet Larry! No more pain forevermore.

Adrianne, I am so sorry. We were all hoping that Larry would beat the odds, and no one will second guess your decision to give him a try on something that could help. You loved him and you id the best thing you could.

Thinking of you and your family.

Chris and the Gang

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Sorry for your loss.....glad you were able to share time with Larry.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest bigorangedog

Thank you everyone.

I have to tell you that on Thursday, we had doubt about letting Larry go, and I don't regret our decision to try the steroids. I would have wondered for the rest of my life if we had done all we could for him. His improvement Friday seemed to bear this out. This morning, there was not even a shadow of a doubt that it was time and that we would be giving him a gift by letting him go. I have peace in my heart on that front.

Oh, Adrianne. I'm broken-hearted too. I'm glad you tried, and I'm glad you have peace about your decision. With the guys that I have lost, there has always been that moment when you know without doubt that it's time. You hadn't reached that point on Thursday, and you did what you needed to do for Larry's sake.

I'm so, so grateful that he had a peaceful and easy passing. And that he had a family around him who loved him so much. Thank you for giving him that, and for giving him the wonderful second chance at a family. Many overlook the seniors, because it sure as hell is hard to let them go. But I know that you'll treasure the time you had with Larry. He came when you needed him, and you came when he needed you. He was right where he was supposed to be.

I never got to meet him in person, but I'll never forget him. How could I ever forget that precious face? Tell Ollie that I am sorry for her loss too. I hope you'll let Ollie help you pick out a new "big" brother when you are ready. I think she really enjoys having these guys to take care of and boss around. She was a great sister to Larry.

Sending so much love to your family! Giving all my hounds extra hugs and love today in honor of sweet Larry.

Jen

Well, nuts. Larry had a whole bunch of us cheering him on to be ok again and I'm so sad he had to leave you.

You did right by him in all respects. They say about children that parents are supposed to give them roots and give them wings. In an odd way, it also applies to our critters. You gave Larry roots...a loving home.... and wings when you set him free from pain.

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

I am so sorry, my heartfelt sympathy, you gave him the greatest gift of all. :(:grouphug

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten