Isis May Have Had A Stroke

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

dogcookie.gif for Isis, bighug.gif for her Mama.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad to hear that Isis' condition is improving!! :yay :yay :yay

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest GoingRogue

Can't believe I'm just now seeing this. Praying for a full recovery and sooooooo :thumbs-up glad to hear Isis is already getting better. My heart just about stopped when I read this :( . Keep us posted and big huges :bighug

Thanks everyone and thank you Aimee for updating for me :) I felt bad knowing people were waiting to hear the outcome and I just couldn't get to the computer. I can read along with my phone and can respond with short answers but my thumbs can only type so fast :lol

If I had been gone yesterday and hadn't seen what happened and then saw her today I wouldn have thought nothing was wrong. She totally looks back to normal except the right back leg that sort of high steps like it's numb and she is unsure of where it should go.

Like Aimee said, the MRI was inconclusive. The neurologist said he wish everyone had as pretty of an MRI :lol He is leaning toward and FCE episode more than a vestibular incident because of how fast she responded to the steroid shot. He wants me to still be guarded with her but he feels confident in saying that it was FCE at this point. He said we could start a round of steroids and antibiotics just to cover anything and everything but that if it was his dog that he would just cover with ABX for 10 days (cuz it can't hurt) and just take a "wait and see" approach.

I really appreciate the support and well wishes. Many of you know that Isis is my first grey. She is my "heart" dog. I love her so much. I love all my dogs but Isis and I just have a connection and this, well this scared the crap out of me. I'm not ready to lose her yet and today she showed me that she isn't ready to leave yet either. :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest eaglflyt

Tremendous news for you and Isis! I hope she continues to improve so that her back, right foot feels normal to her again.

:yay :yay :yay for both girls. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest PiagetsMom

Beth, you've had a heck of a couple of days! I don't know anything about FCE, but I'm glad to hear that the news is encouraging for your girl :grouphug

SO happy to hear this news! Really, can't express how happy I am for you and Isis. :colgate

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

This smiley :D is not smiling big enough to convey how happy I am that Isis has improved so much. This was the first place I came as soon as I got home from class, since there wasn't an update before I had to leave.

:confetti

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Oh, Isis, there are a lot of very relieved and happy people out here! Hope you continue to get better and better.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Wonderful news! colgate.gif What a relief for you to see Isis bouncing back and no sign of a stroke. All my good wishes that she feels back to normal in no time.

Edited by Fiona3

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Isis kiss1.gif Next time just tell your mama that you need more alone time with her, you don't have to scare her like that. Soo relieved that you are doing so much better, baby girl. Beth!!!!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Was thinking about y'all all night and just got a chance to check in. Sooooooooo happy to hear the news! :yay :yay :yay

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

:clap:confetti

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown