Isis May Have Had A Stroke

At the neuro office and reading from my phone while waiting. Thanks everyone. On a good note... Isis walked in by herself. My vet called and said that could be a really good sign that we may be dealing more with FCE since she is better today and she had the steroid shot last night. The MRI should tell us more.

This is really promising Beth! :yay Sending lots of good thoughts - I hope the MRI gives you a clear answer and a course of treatment.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the neuro office and reading from my phone while waiting. Thanks everyone. On a good note... Isis walked in by herself. My vet called and said that could be a really good sign that we may be dealing more with FCE since she is better today and she had the steroid shot last night. The MRI should tell us more.

This is really promising Beth! yay.gif Sending lots of good thoughts - I hope the MRI gives you a clear answer and a course of treatment.

This nod.gifgoodluck.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:goodluck :goodluck

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

C;mon baby girl, you can do it. We know you can. You Go Girl!

Then when you're all better, I'm going to yell at you for scaring your mom to smitherines! :rolleyes:

This is really promising Beth! yay.gif Sending lots of good thoughts - I hope the MRI gives you a clear answer and a course of treatment.

This nod.gifgoodluck.gif

Me too!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Oh, no, poor Isis! :( And poor you - I know how crazy you are about her. Hoping you can get some definitive answers from the neurologist... please update when you can!

My fingers are very tightly crossed for you both! :goodluck :goodluck :candle:goodluck :goodluck :candle

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Glad to hear she walked in, Beth. Hoping you come out of there with some answers! :hope :hope

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I hope you have encouraging results soon.

Cora had an FCE--on her "good" right side while still recovering from a broken left femur. She was essentially a one-legged dog for a time. She did not have steroids because there is some controversy over their use, and, in any event, she had been on an NSAID and could not be given steroids. She recovered quite well from her FCE.

I think Isis's improvement so far is a very good sign. I hope she'll continue to recover quickly and completely.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Guest lovemyhounds

Thinking of Isis and you during appointment time and sending good thoughts for a positive outcome with the neurologist.

Oh no...I'm just seeing this. Hugs and prayers being sent :grouphug:hope :hope

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Keep us posted, please. Still thinking of you both today.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Keeping you and Isis in my thoughts and prayers today.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

OMG Beth! How did I miss this?

Poodle had a stroke a couple of years ago. It was the scariest thing in the world. The thread is gone I think but he did come back just fine from totally being unable to stand.

I have to get to work but thoughts and prayers to you all. :grouphug.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Just seeing this for the first time and sending healing prayers to beautiful Isis.

:hope :hope

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Patiently (not) waiting for an update........

Me too :hope

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Sending prayers and healing thoughts to pretty Isis.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Buddy (lurcher) had a similar sounding episode earlier this year. She was seen by my vet on the first day and had a steriod shot and then she was actually worse the following day and ended up being hospitalised for a couple of days (she had a bad head tilt, was vomiting etc). I remember thinking that she couldn't possibly make a reasonable recovery (she's 14 years old) but she did! It took a couple of weeks before she was almost back to normal but it did happen.

Sending lots of good wishes for a speedy recovery for Isis :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!