This Is Not Happening!

We have begun getting ready for our move and something just doesn't seem right with Ekko. Her gotcha day is coming up and she's been with me for 2 years now and has always been healthy.

She's become very clingy which is very unlike her, and as grateful as I am, her antics have slowed way down.

It's almost been a year when the offer came for a house and I had to turn it down because Misty was just too sick to travel, and now this. And this time, there's no turning it down, the house has been purchased.

If you would please, just keep her in your prayers

Thank you!

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you started to pack things, or have any other unusual activity? My dogs reacted to that before my move and surprisingly were very upset and "off" after the move for a couple weeks.

Fingers crossed and prayers that your Ekko is ok.

Ann

NewSiggy09b.jpg

Guest mountain4greys

Wow Claudia! I hope she'll be ok. Maybe she knows something is going on. Just last night, I took my foster to do a home visit, and somehow he knew something was up. I took him out for a regular walk, and he ran right to the van. He just knew.

I hope this is what Ekko is doing.

Oh my! Miss Ekko is in my prayers and hopefully is reacting to the packing up. :hope

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest hannahmom

Sending lots of hugs

Hannah slowed down a lot in the period of a few weeks once, and I was worried, just like you; but it just turned out to be her way of aging

:bighug

Your stress with changes directly translates to your hounds. She sees what is going on. She feels the changes in the air, and she's just worried. Talk to her. Let her know you're going someplace even better, and she is coming.

There are also aromatherapy products and other homeopathic products - i recommend Azmira's Abandonment - which will help with the transition.

All will be fine.

Claudia & Greyhound Gang
100% Helps Hounds

GIG Bound!

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Good thoughts for Ekko... I'm thinking you're being a good, concerned, attentive Mom but that Ekko might just get past whatever is affecting her. Hang in there.

:grouphug

Sending lots of good thoughts for Ekko!!!! :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck Maybe she senses that change is in the air? You know how incredibly sensitive dogs are to this kind of thing...

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest dwolfe711

Oh Claudia - I hope she's just out of sorts because of all the commotion - we have paws and fingers crossed that she will be feeling back to her old self soon. I can't imagine moving cross-country - you are very brave - but then you will be close enough for us to visit when we go north to Mass!! :) Good thoughts to you and family and all the pups! :grouphug:goodluck

Maybe she's just picking up on your stress with the whole moving thing. I'll be sending lots of thoughts to you and to Ekko in the upcoming weeks and hopefully once she realizes she's going too she'll settle down.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

Every time we've moved, all my doggies go into shut down mode. Hopefully it's just the stress she's feeling from you.

Ekko,, be a good girl, go open the frige and dig thru there so your mom knows all is well! :rolleyes:

:kiss2 for Ekko

:grouphug for Claudia

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Guest greyt2love

Claudia, I'll echo what the others are saying...maybe she has just picked up the sense of "something different is going on". Prayers and good thoughts coming out to you that is all this is. Miss Ekko has to be well and enjoy this big adventure coming up !!!

Guest Energy11

When we started packing and moving from Florida to here, the dogs seemed extra anxious. Curfew, of course, was more shy than usual, and spent a lot of time in the back room.

If Ekko is eating and pottying well, maybe it IS just the stress of the move? I surely do hope so.

Let me know if there is anything I can do!

Sending love, hugs and many prayers! Dee and The Five

You have to check things out of course but they are sensitive souls and really do know when things are different in their worlds. Ekko is going to be okay. After all she has to drive you across the country!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Thanks all, I really hope you are all right and she's picking up something from me.

I am making sure I don't have packed boxes in view and I'm really trying to hide any stress I'm feeling. Maybe she's more sensitive that I thought.

Ok, I admit, now I wish she'de try to get into the refrig like she normally does, or take a picture off the wall, or something :lol

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Fingers and toes crossed it's just a "momma, what's up??!" reaction. Whisper in her ear and tell her it's OK, if she gets tired of riding in the car or doesn't like the new place, she can stop over here.

Hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest K9Cookies

Thinking good thoughts for you and Ekko. :goodluck I hope it's nothing.

Ekko, this is the one time we're going to tell you to chew something up or do something crazy! :P Take FULL advantage! :lol

Guest bigbrindlebunny

I just KNOW it's Ekko picking up on moving activities and emotions. Petey got a little wiggy during a straightening and cleaning project I had going on last year and he's 5. But we're sending you and your pack good vibrations from Maryland anyway, even though we hope you won't need them and everything will be fine.

Could be all the anticipation of the move. I'll definitely keep you both in my prayers.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee