This Is Not Happening!

Awww, here's hoping Ekko's back to her good old mischievous self soon!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ekko,

Maddie here, its ok you are going someplace good- the east coast. Do something bad so your Mommy knows that you are ok. (eat paper or open the frig)

Claudia,

Amy here, I know exactly what you are going through, Maddie had a little fall in the backyard this weekend. She is ok, everyone, no broken bones, however she was limping. Took her to the vet and we did xrays and they gave her a shot for pain , one of the side effects was she was really whiney and out of sorts. It was one of those times, that I missed my girl barking (even though it drives me nuts) and playing. I too, want Maddie to do something bad to show me she is getting better.

We will be thinking and crossing our fingers and paws that she is just nervous for your cross country trip.

Amy and Maddie

Edited by Maddiesmom

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest PhillyPups

Thanks all, I really hope you are all right and she's picking up something from me.

I am making sure I don't have packed boxes in view and I'm really trying to hide any stress I'm feeling. Maybe she's more sensitive that I thought.

Ok, I admit, now I wish she'de try to get into the refrig like she normally does, or take a picture off the wall, or something :lol

:hope All is well it is just the move.

Fess up there Mama, you dont' have any boxes in view cause she would unpack them and eat the contents, this is Ekko!! Maybe she got wind that those up on the northeast part of the country are more reserved than the cali crazies?? :rofl

Guest ss556

Of course you have my good thoughts for Ekko - I agree with the others, she senses things changing - a smart female of course. Wayne & Lenny will probably just "get it" the day you leave:)

Oh no!

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

Please, Ekko, eat a wallet or something. You must start to feel better. Soon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

You know you and Ekko will be at the top of the list for good thoughts, prayers, and whatever else you need.

I do wonder whether this is a stress response to your own anxiety over the move -- that's a real possibility. Don't assume the worst. If it will reassure you, bring her in to your vet to have everything checked out. That might be good for your peace of mind.

Take care of all of you! It's a beautiful day here in New England, and tell Ekko she'll love it!

:grouphug

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Guest eaglflyt

We hope it's just the tension of the upcoming move and that Ekko is healthy as can be ... and we hope she's back to her normal self soon! Ady Bea says if you are all passing through Oklahoma on your way east that she'd love for all your houndies to stop over for a run on the farm in OK! :colgate We have wild bunnies, birds, and all sorts of things to watch and chase.

Claudia, we're sending lots of prayers for Ekko & hugs for you. :grouphug:hope

Maybe she's mad because you won't let her help you pack? Maybe she could take the pics off

the wall for you. ;)

I just lowered 4 pictures on the wall to where they used to be, I want to see if she goes for them :rolleyes:

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

She'll be OK!!!

Dude always gets a bit anxious when we get out the suitcases. Even though they're not in a room he goes into and are really quiet about it, he still knows. Whether he's excited since he knows suitcases mean "going somewhere," or just picking it up from us, he isn't Da Dude!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I'm going with the "something's up here..." option. She knows something is going on, she just doesn't know what. Either that or she is REALLY angry that you didn't take her to the date festival last month. She was craving a date shake and she didn't get one!

Claudia,

If Ekko is anything like our Tessie the FUZZZZY, she is very sensative and is probably picking up on the fact that something different is going on. All dewclaws crossed, and good thoughts coming your way in hopes it's nothing else. It is a very exciting, but also very stressful time.

my dogs get extra clingy whenever they sense something is going on, especially if i'm packing. maybe that's what's going on?

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest sorenkkg

You can hide stuff all you want, and you may think you're not stressed, but you probably smell a bit different, and the fact you are hiding something is a stressor, so I'm sure she's picking up on that.

My 2 know everything-- they know when it's time for a walk, when we are going in the c-a-r, they know when I go into the office (I'm working from home a lot) NOT to come to the door b/c I'm going for work instead of a w-a-l-k. ;)

Keep your eye on her (not sure about tempting her into badness-- isn't that entrapment?) but I'm sure this will resolve once the packing, moving, traveling, unpacking is all done. Maybe invest in something for her? We use BioCalm up here for scary days (when the roofers came, fireworks) and it just seems to take the edge off for Haka.

Thinking relaxing thoughts and wishing you all a good move!

Thinking of you and :hope :hope Ekko just senses the upcoming move. Keep us posted

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest Heehoo

Thanks all, I really hope you are all right and she's picking up something from me.

I am making sure I don't have packed boxes in view and I'm really trying to hide any stress I'm feeling. Maybe she's more sensitive that I thought.

Ok, I admit, now I wish she'de try to get into the refrig like she normally does, or take a picture off the wall, or something  :lol

I think that's exactly what it is. She senses somethings up. Remember I told you starting Thursday of last week Pipi became clingy, following me everywhere because I was leaving Saturday to go get Smiley...you've had this house & the move on your mind a lot lately & she's picked up on it. She wants to make sure you're taking her & not them ole stanky boy dogs. 

But just to be on the safe side......I'm keeping her in my prayers constantly!!! :hope