This Is Not Happening!

I too hope it is just the stress and change in you getting ready for a move.....but then Ekko could be planning a new trick not in her book. :rolleyes: You and your babies will be in our thoughts for a safe and uneventful move.

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fess up there Mama, you dont' have any boxes in view cause she would unpack them and eat the contents, this is Ekko!! Maybe she got wind that those up on the northeast part of the country are more reserved than the cali crazies?? rofl.gif

I think Pat nailed it! lol.gif

Seriously, bet as others have said, she's picking up on the change in your patterns and your feelings. Your wild child is very bonded to you.

Guest HersheysMom

I think "clingy" may mean "mommy, don't leave me!" Sensing you are going somewhere, perhaps? Ekko, quit worrying momma, she has enough to worry about right now!

I'm just seeing this. Claudia, is there anything else physical going on with her---loose stools, off her food, signs of pain? I know how finely attuned to your three you are, and she is probably just as finely attuned to you. This move is BIG. Has anything this big happened since she's been with you? They say moving is one of the biggest stresses for humans (even good stress, like a wedding, is stress), and surely they know something is up. They are such creatures of habit---just like Wayne knows which day to expect the trashman.

My Tess, who is certainly not, bless her heart, the brightest of Greyhounds, knows the difference between a week-day and the week-end, early in the morning, even though Doug does nothing different if he leaves the house except for wearing his uniform on week-days, and not on week-ends. Monday through Friday, Tess is fine with him leaving, Saturday, if he goes out without her, the wailing can be heard for blocks!

And they ALL know when we're going on vacation.

I do have a feeling that this is the case with Ekko. Hey, how are the boys? Not quite as perceptive?

In any case, we'll certainly be sending some white light and soothing thoughts out to your sweet girl along with prayers for you, for as safe and stress free move as possible.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest bluefawn

Sending hugs for both of you bighug.gifand a kiss for Ekko from Penny and Candi! kiss1.gif It doesn't take much for our hounds to know something's up. She will probably be ok once things get back to normal.

I'm just seeing this. Claudia, is there anything else physical going on with her---loose stools, off her food, signs of pain? I know how finely attuned to your three you are, and she is probably just as finely attuned to you. This move is BIG. Has anything this big happened since she's been with you? They say moving is one of the biggest stresses for humans (even good stress, like a wedding, is stress), and surely they know something is up. They are such creatures of habit---just like Wayne knows which day to expect the trashman.

My Tess, who is certainly not, bless her heart, the brightest of Greyhounds, knows the difference between a week-day and the week-end, early in the morning, even though Doug does nothing different if he leaves the house except for wearing his uniform on week-days, and not on week-ends. Monday through Friday, Tess is fine with him leaving, Saturday, if he goes out without her, the wailing can be heard for blocks!

And they ALL know when we're going on vacation.

I do have a feeling that this is the case with Ekko. Hey, how are the boys? Not quite as perceptive?

In any case, we'll certainly be sending some white light and soothing thoughts out to your sweet girl along with prayers for you, for as safe and stress free move as possible.

Thank you Nancy. She has a couple of things going on that I am thinking is just natural aging.She will be 12 sometime this year.

I have never considered Ekko to be sensitive but maybe I'm wrong. Wayne is usually the sensitive one here.

No changes since she's been here, although I have been on edge lately because of the new people who moved in next door.

So maybe she's picking up on that or my concern for the move.

I thought I was doing so well with hiding it, but maybe I'm not.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I don't think we can hide stress - especially on the level a hound would pick up on it. You, Ekko and the boys are in my thoughts and prayers. And an extra big hug for Ekko. Don't worry sweetheart - Momma's taking you too!!!

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

I want to check in to see how Miss Ekko is this morning. Just remind her that she's going too and that there are a whole lot of folks here on the east coast that can't wait to meet her :P

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

And no Claudia, this is NOT happening! ;)

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Heehoo

How's the fuzzy girl this morning? I know how stressed out you've been with all the new neighbors wandering around including the lil doggie. So she's probably worried about you. :beatheart

Guest Energy11

Morning, Claudia and Ekko!

The boys, Curfew, Oakly and Staggerlee asked me to check in on Miss Ekko this morning. Guess, now that they've seen her photo, they're in love! wub.gif They have something for girls with fuzzy hair! :-))

We are ALL hoping she is better today! Love, Dee, The Boys, Goldie and Cari, too!

I'm thinking you are all right, in that she's ok and just reacting to me.

It's so strange. She hasn't touched the pictures on the wall and I even left paper on the table and she didn't touch it.

That is so out of character for her.

She ate this morning but kept her eyes on me the whole time, also out of character.

I'm going to really try harder to just chill.

Thank you

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

Guest Energy11

If she was keeping her eye on you while eating, MAYBE she thinks YOU are going to leave, based on the packing, your demeanor, etc.? Just a thought.

Please send our love!

Guest vahoundlover

Miss Ekko, what's up baby girl! Mom isn't going anywhere without you sweetheart. It will be a new adventure, full of good, scary and just plain dull moments; but you will be ok!!

Oh Claudiagrouphug.gif , I am sure she's just picking up on the vibes. Perhaps a talk with the communicator would be good.dunno.gif

Miss Ekko, what's up baby girl! Mom isn't going anywhere without you sweetheart. It will be a new adventure, full of good, scary and just plain dull moments; but you will be ok!!

Oh Claudiagrouphug.gif , I am sure she's just picking up on the vibes. Perhaps a talk with the communicator would be good.dunno.gif

Look at you!!!! Can't wait to hear you're home.

I have a call into Patty, thank you Hope

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Of course she is sensitive! Just in a different way lol.gif

Seriously, I don't think you can hide stress from your dogs. Just talk to her, explain what's going on (you probably already have).

bighug.gif

I have an appt this afternoon with the communicator so it'll be interesting.

As for talking to her, yes, I do. As a matter of fact I talk to them so much that the woman who lived next door to me for years,(we shared a wall) thought I had a roomate for a long time :lol

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg