Soul Is In Intensive Care

Guest SoulsMom

Good to hear Soul Man will be coming home tonight. There's no place like home.

Edited by MarcR

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Praying for good news upon release from ICU. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Come on Soul Man - you can do it! 8 pages of prayers, white light and candles - that's a lot of healing power sent your way!

Amber, hugs to you from Montana and Soul Man, more prayers and white light. :hope:candle

ETA: from the time I started my reply to when I posted it, it had gone to 8 pages.

Edited by DragonLady

gallery_15555_2884_10764.jpg
Adrienne - with the kitties Tippy & Tyler Too

Missing my bridge angels Boo Zsee, Java Bean (Nitro Kristen), Zeeba and Baer the not-so-miniature schnauzer

Amber,

So good to hear that he is coming home tonight. At least you will be able to relax a bit and you will not have the anxiety of the 'what if's" added to your stress levels.

We're all pulling for him here and you are both in my thoughts.

Big gentle hugs to Da SoulMan and a big squeezie hug for you .

DOnna

Hurry home well Soul. We love you sweetie.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest oldNELLIE

I have been thing about you guys and I am glad Soul is on his way home! Maybe you will both have a little more peace tonight!

When I had a similar situation with Nellie, we just took her out every 15 min - 30 min. She hated having accidents in the house, so it made her feel better, too.

Also, she started to get better immediately after coming home! It was a long night, but each hour we could see her getting better.

I hope Soul starts to feel better soon, too. We're thinking of you in VT!

Guest SoulsMom

Well got the bloodwork back. The vet said everything looks good except his biliruben is "a pitch high" and his potassium is one count low, but neither of these are alarming, it could be just the way he is . . . .nothing is off the charts. RBC & WBC look fine. So I've just left a message with Tufts to do an ultrasound. If that comes back clean, then my vet says it's probably HGE and continue with the meds and special food . . . .

Soul, sweetie, get better soon... you have a big job being an Oklahoma Sooners fan in Massachusetts.... it's too big of a job for your dog-mommy to do all by herself.

Carol

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: EdWin, Jethro. and Lucky; Foster Jinks; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, Murray, and Festus.

Guest greyt2love

Just came home for lunch and checked in on Soul. So glad to hear he is coming home tonight ! Much better for both of you, I think ! Keeping fingers crossed that the problem is found and resolved quickly !

Hugs to both of you !!

Deb

Well, good blood work is good news. Fingers crossed that the ultrasound looks good too and that the Soulman will be on the mend.

--Lucy and Piper

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

A bit of good news. Praying the ultrasound is clear. Sending more hugs and prayers.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest SoulsMom

Just talked to Tufts. They don't want to do the ultrasound today b/c Soul is so stressed out and would rather I bring him back in a week or so to get it done :( And she basically said that without corresponding abnormal bloodwork that what they will be looking for in the ultrasound is "that which will not be named". . . .banish the thought . . . . .

Edited by SoulsMom

Just checking in on Soul on my lunch break. The bloodwork sounds encouraging, so hopefully the ultrasound will be good news as well. I know how stressful this has been. If it helps at all, please know that Soul is in everyone's thoughts---and so is his Mom!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Lots of prayers still coming for the Soul Man, and for you. I know the waiting can drive you nuts. Hoping it's just HGE and it gets under control.He'll be so much less stressed at home with you, and you will be less stressed to have him home.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless