Soul Is In Intensive Care

Guest SoulsMom

Guest trevdog

Continuing to send good thoughts to Soul.......

Can someone closer to you do the ultrasound? Maybe he would be less stressed....

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ChancesMom

Amber, I am so glad that all the blood work came back ok. Just praying that he is ok when he comes home. If it is HGE he should be fine when he comes home. Continuing to send healing thoughts his way.

The bloodwork sounds hopeful. Let us hope that the news on the ultrasound is good too, whenever it happens!

Soul will be happy to get home. Gentle cuddles for him from here. We are thinking of you both.

Gillian
Caesar (Black Caesarfire) and Olly (Oregon) the Galgo

Still missing: Nell (spaniel mix) 1982-1997, Boudicca (JRT) 1986- 2004, and the greys P's Catwalk 2001-2008, Murphy Peabody (we failed fostering) 1998-2010 and Pilgrim (Blazing Leia) 2003-2016,

Dropping in to see how he is. I agree, the blood-work sounds like good news. Maybe he does need some home time and TLC before the ultrasound. If the vet is suggesting that you wait to do the ultrasound they must not be too concerned that Soul's problem is the thing we are not discussing.

:grouphug :grouphug for you and gentle scritches for Soul. This all sounds stressful.

Image removed. Not within the GreyTalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. Your image was 17.51 KB (17,929 bytes) file size.

The blood work results sound encouraging. And I'm sure being home will relieve stress for both of you.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

You are in my thoughts and prayers, hoping just being back home will make him feel better.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

If you went ahead with the ultrasound, could you be present during it so you could soothe him while they did it? When Neyla had hers, I was able to and frankly, I was surprised how easy it was for her given her spookiness at the time. It's hard to know what I would do in your shoes, but I'm wondering if a little more stress now isn't better than a lot of new stress later, and it would give you some more answers now so you know what you're dealing with. Not a decision to make lightly of course.

Either way, I will continue thinking good thoughts for the Soul man. I hope he recovers quickly once you have him home.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest SoulsMom

I think later he will be happy to be going back to the vet and seeing new people. Right now he just wants OUT. I know my boy and he HATES to be in cage, even if it is a big roomy ICU run. I think he's making so much ruckus that they can't wait for me to come get him :lol

We'll do the ultrasound in a week or so, once this is faded from his memory. And I'm not even going to entertain the thought that it is the ugly disease is causing all the bleeding. It's HGE, that's all . . . . .

I think later he will be happy to be going back to the vet and seeing new people. Right now he just wants OUT. I know my boy and he HATES to be in cage, even if it is a big roomy ICU run. I think he's making so much ruckus that they can't wait for me to come get him :lol

We'll do the ultrasound in a week or so, once this is faded from his memory. And I'm not even going to entertain the thought that it is the ugly disease is causing all the bleeding. It's HGE, that's all . . . . .

That makes sense. I didn't realize he normally likes the vet. In light of that, waiting makes a lot more sense, especially if knowing wouldn't allow you to do anything further treatment wise. Okay, :goodluck that it's HGE and he heals right up.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest Spencers_Greyt
Just talked to Tufts. They don't want to do the ultrasound today b/c Soul is so stressed out and would rather I bring him back in a week or so to get it done :( And she basically said that without corresponding abnormal bloodwork that what they will be looking for in the ultrasound is "that which will not be named". . . .banish the thought . . . . .

I've been keeping watch on your updates and I'm sending prayers and healing thoughts to you and Soul. It's too bad you have to wait a week for the ultrasound as I know you will worry the entire time!

Guest EmbersDad

over under on wether you will get stink eye. i was expecting it from ember, but i think she was just glad to get out of there and home

Guest ArtysPeople
Just talked to Tufts. They don't want to do the ultrasound today b/c Soul is so stressed out and would rather I bring him back in a week or so to get it done :( And she basically said that without corresponding abnormal bloodwork that what they will be looking for in the ultrasound is "that which will not be named". . . .banish the thought . . . . .

I know you mentioned in one of your earlier posts that you're trying to deal with anger that Tufts did a misdiagnosis a few weeks ago, but I have to say it really sounds from what you've been posting like they have Soul's best interests at heart (something you can't always say about vets, unfortunately). I hope he's able to calm down and start healing some tonight in his own bed. :kiss2 to that sweet hound

Can't wait to hear how he's doing... :dogcookie :dogcookie for Soul, who has the best profile pic on GT. (Those are special HGE-safe treats, btw.)

I know it will be great to have him home tonight and I'm sure he will be thrilled! Worry is for another day.

--Lucy

Edited by LBass

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest greyt2love
It's HGE, that's all . . . . .

Ditto that..................

Double ditto from me !!!

Off to pick up my boy!

:yay :yay :yay

And again, same thoughts from me !!!

Snuggle good tonight, mom !!!!

Edited by greyt2love

Off to pick up my boy! :couchjump

I know he'll be happy to be home!

Edited by MarcR

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)