• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Checking in to see how he's doing!

Sending more love and prayers that he'll be good as new in no time and back home with you!

Guest SoulsMom

Here is the latest: Still waiting on the blood work from my vet, hopefully that will show something. If not Tufts will do an ultrasound.

He ate a can of "easy on the tummy" food last night and only had one bout of big D, and yes it was bloody :( He's being given his Flagyl and they have reduced his fluids a bit. They want him to come home tonight because he is so stressed being there (my poor baby!).

The vet at Tufts mentioned several things from HGE to IBD to food allergies to 'the word that won't be mentioned but starts with a C'

So, I'll know more later today, but at least he'll be coming home tonight. I just hope the bloody big D subsides even more before he does, but the vet at Tufts feels confident that he is ready and that he will be better off at home.

I can't thank you all enough, I really don't know how I'd get through this without you :bow2

PS-Lovely Ember, I couldn't open your message because my stoopid work blocks the site <_< , but I can't wait to watch tonight!

Come on Soul, you can do it. Keep on getting better.

Continued prayers for your precious boy.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Come on, Soul Man! Stay strong!!

Feel better soon. :kiss2

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest ArtysPeople
tons of prayers for Soul :hope :hope could some of it be stress? how does he normally do at the vet's? maybe they could give him something to calm his nerves...

He absolutely LOVES being at the vet. In his mind more new and wonderful people to meet . Could just be the excitement of getting to go to the vet twice in one day. Oh, boy, oh boy, oh boy! That's probably what he was thinking . . . .

Oh, that's so sweet. Arty is the same way, and it almost makes it worse when they're really not feeling well because they're normally so ebullient. Hoping the best possible outcome for Soul, and that he does well at home tonight. :grouphug

Amber,

Good news that Soul is coming home tonight. I am sure he will do much better at home with you giving him tons of hugs from all of us here on Greytalk.

Keeping fingers, toes, arms, legs and paws crossed for a quick and complete recovery!

Hugs,

Carla

Warm healing thoughts for da Soul Man are en route to New England from Silas, Viola and me... he'll feel better just to be home with you, I'm sure. Did they talk to OSU yet?

Guest SoulsMom
Warm healing thoughts for da Soul Man are en route to New England from Silas, Viola and me... he'll feel better just to be home with you, I'm sure. Did they talk to OSU yet?

I don't know, I gave all the info to my regular vet, but I haven't heard from him yet this morning. He was hoping to have the bloodwork back by mid morning . . . .

Guest EMcElfresh

WAHH!! I am just seeing this NOW! Soul, honey, it's time to get better and give Mom a break, I am sure you have been stressed to the MAX. :bighug to you and da SoulMan! Kiss his needlenose for me today!

Guest greytmonty

I am glad he will be home tonight, and hope they come up with a diagnosis of something EASY TO TREAT!

You might want to roll up all the rugs (if you have area rugs) and keep him in the same room with you at all times so you can get his signals if he needs to go quickly.

Greyt News, that he is coming home. Sending more healing thoughts and prayers....

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Redpack

Please try not to worry too much. I know how terrifying it is to see so much blood coming from your pup. When Em hemmoraged, they never did find what caused it, but just being off food for a while and on IV fluids, along with some antibiotics "just in case" and he was as good as new in no time. I am so hoping that is the case with Soul. Saying prayers and crossing fingers (where is Xan with a chant?). :grouphug:goodluck:getwell:candle:hope

Guest EmbersDad

im glad he is coming home, it will definitely do him a world of good. after ember had a couple accidents after her surgery, i took up the rug in my spare room and put down a painters tarp so nothing would leak thru.