Soul Is In Intensive Care

Guest SoulsMom

Guest SoulsMom

First off, thanks so much to everyone for all their positive thoughts to my sweet, sweet boy. I started a new thread so I can modify and add updates as needed.

He's in ICU at Tufts tonight, on fluids. About 4:30 pm he had a bowel movement and it was all blood as far as I could tell. Two new bits of info are that when they did bloodwork again at Tufts it showed low protein levels and his heart rate was 110. At my regular vet earlier his heart rate was at 100. His RBC is still high, but not high enough to panic yet. Hopefully when we get his bloodwork back tomorrow there will be more answers. I welcome any and all thoughts/advice/suggestions. Right now we really know nothing except that he is very sick :cry1

I miss my boy and I'm so worried, but I know he's in the best place he can be right now. Janet (bless her heart) sent me OSU contact info, and I'll be sharing it with my vet in the morning. A big THANK YOU to Kerry (merlinsmum) for getting me through the first few hours of this, I was literally a crazy woman when I saw all that blood . . . .

Again, you all have been wonderful, and I cannot thank you enough.

Amber Dawn in New England who is missing the SoulMan tonight

Edited by SoulsMom

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending more prayers. Come on SoulMan...feel all the prayers and healing energy coming your way honey. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

tons of prayers for Soul :hope :hope could some of it be stress? how does he normally do at the vet's? maybe they could give him something to calm his nerves...

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Amber I am praying for our boy. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

If you need someone to talk to I have unlimited long distance and a good ear. Just PM me your number if you want to chat. :grouphug

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I am so sorry. Soul is in the best place to receive care but you must be hurting so badly.

Hope the consult with OSU goes well and that he is home soon.

Gillian
Caesar (Black Caesarfire) and Olly (Oregon) the Galgo

Still missing: Nell (spaniel mix) 1982-1997, Boudicca (JRT) 1986- 2004, and the greys P's Catwalk 2001-2008, Murphy Peabody (we failed fostering) 1998-2010 and Pilgrim (Blazing Leia) 2003-2016,

Oh dear. I hope you get your boy back in the best of health very soon. I know it stinks having to check him in but Tufts offers the best care.

I'm sure he misses his Mommy just as much. Hang in there, Amber.

Guest SoulsMom
tons of prayers for Soul :hope :hope could some of it be stress? how does he normally do at the vet's? maybe they could give him something to calm his nerves...

He absolutely LOVES being at the vet. In his mind more new and wonderful people to meet . Could just be the excitement of getting to go to the vet twice in one day. Oh, boy, oh boy, oh boy! That's probably what he was thinking . . . .