Wallace Has Been For Some Tests

Wallybobs has been a bit off for some time. You may remember that I took him to the vet a while back because I was concerned about his shaking but the vet wasn't concerned. He didn't dismiss me or my concerns - it's just that he didn't think it was anything to worry about.

Then a few weeks later, I managed to get the shaking on video and it was reviewed by the other vet at the practice and again, it was decided that there was nothing to be concerned about.

Since then, Wallace has continued to do this wierd shaking thing (and I know from doing a thread on my UK forum, that many other dogs seem to do it to, with no specific reason being found) but more worryingly, he has dropped a lot of weight. He is eating and drinking fine and has no other symptoms but it was time to have some blood tests done.

So we took him in this morning, along with a fresh Wally-Wee sample and he had his blood taken for testing. The vet (Helen) gave Wallace a good once over but couldn't find anything startlingly obvious which would indicate why he may be loosing this amount of weight, so we're sitting tight waiting for the blood results which she'll phone through to me sometime today.

:unsure

wallace160508a.jpg

Edited by Bevd

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sending prayers and good thoughts for the handsome Wallace and his loving humans.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Sending prayers for precious Wallace. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

Hopefully it's nothing to concerning.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

sending prayers it's nothing! :hope :hope

(what a HANDSOME BOY HE IS!!! :D)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:goodluck

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Sorry for the delay.

The vet phoned and said that the only thing showing was that his white blood count was low.

Normal range for a dog is between 6 and 16.9 and Wallaces is 4.8.

So he's going to be retested next Tuesday to see what the results are then.

But - Lisa73 then reminded me that greyhound blood values often differ from other dogs and that 4.8 is actually quite normal for a greyhound. So, I have printed off a couple of things for my vet (including Dr Bills recently posted new greyhound health packet) and will be giving her a call tomorrow and will ask her to read them.

So...um, at the moment, we're no further along.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Still praying that you are able to get a answer soon. Please fell Better Wallace. :bighug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Sorry for the delay.

The vet phoned and said that the only thing showing was that his white blood count was low.

Normal range for a dog is between 6 and 16.9 and Wallaces is 4.8.

So he's going to be retested next Tuesday to see what the results are then.

But - Lisa73 then reminded me that greyhound blood values often differ from other dogs and that 4.8 is actually quite normal for a greyhound. So, I have printed off a couple of things for my vet (including Dr Bills recently posted new greyhound health packet) and will be giving her a call tomorrow and will ask her to read them.

So...um, at the moment, we're no further along.

Any news?

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Hope all is well with Wallace.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Sending prayers for sweet Wallace. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Just checking in - wondering if there's an update? Hope Wallace feels better soon... :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Sorry - I really thought I had updated. I think it's my age :blush

As you know, I dug out the greyhound health info and had a chat with the vet about it. She was aware that greyhounds can have different levels of various things but she wasn't aware of the exact figures and she was very pleased that I gave her all the information (so thanks again Dr Bill :) )

I also talked to her about the fact that Lisa73's Rodney (Wallaces litter mate - who sadly went to the Bridge last week) was hyperthyroid. This may well tie in with some of Wallaces symptoms (weight loss and tremors for example). So, this coming Tuesday, Wallace is going to have his thyroid level tested and see what, if anything, that shows.

As the vet said, with humans, we would always be asked for our family medical history but this is often not possible with animal clients! So, to have some of Rodneys medical history may be very useful indeed.

Wallace seems fine in himself and doesn't seem concerned about his current health issues so thats good :)

Thanks for checking on him!