Wallace Has Been For Some Tests

I've stopped whizzing around for a moment (before going off to create a light diet party dinner).

There is no evidence of a bone tumour

No evidence of arthritis

Whist he's under they are going to xray his chest and abddomen because we still need to find the cause of his weight loss.

The senior vet (my normal vet) is still concerned that there may be a neurological cause. (Not sure what that specifically means but will find out if necessary)

All thyroid levels are normal

White blood count has gone down a bit from 4.6 at last test to 3.6 now but thats still within the normal range for a greyhound (albeit the low range).

As well as the above x rays, I've asked that they do any other test whilst he's asleep (eg ultrasound if necessary) which they think may help pinpoint the cause of his symptoms.

I've also asked them to clean his teeth if they get time :rolleyes: :laugh:

I'll let you know when the next call comes in.

Re-commence dancing 7.gif

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've stopped whizzing around for a moment (before going off to create a light diet party dinner).

There is no evidence of a bone tumour

No evidence of arthritis

Whist he's under they are going to xray his chest and abddomen because we still need to find the cause of his weight loss.

The senior vet (my normal vet) is still concerned that there may be a neurological cause. (Not sure what that specifically means but will find out if necessary)

All thyroid levels are normal

White blood count has gone down a bit from 4.6 at last test to 3.6 now but thats still within the normal range for a greyhound (albeit the low range).

As well as the above x rays, I've asked that they do any other test whilst he's asleep (eg ultrasound if necessary) which they think may help pinpoint the cause of his symptoms.

I've also asked them to clean his teeth if they get time :rolleyes: :laugh:

I'll let you know when the next call comes in.

Re-commence dancing 7.gif

Keep it up with the good news...."keep it comin on" Sending more prayers for good measure...and let the dancing begin! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

WONDERFUL!!!!!!! :yay :yay :yay :yay

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Love it love it love it!

I just came from Wallace's b-day piccies in your other thread and I'm so happy that there is already good news :)

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Now that's what I call a GOOD UPDATE! Wonderful news for Wallace and such a relief for you. Hobbes had some neurological problems last year that included weight loss. He was treated with Prednisone for the inflammation which increased his appetite. I started feeding him 3 times a day, added mashed potatoes to each meal, boiled chicken on top of his kibble and an extra snack here and there. He started putting on weight and really filled out during the fall and winter. Maybe the "Hobbes Diet" would work for Wallace.

:clap :clap :clap:confetti :confetti

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Yeah for Wallace! :yay I have been thinking about you and praying that the results were a wonderful birthday present.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

:banana:banana:banana:pinkele:pinkele:pinkele:b-day:b-day

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Thank God no bone cancer! Any more news?

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

They did x-rays of his chest and abdomen and found nothing strange.

His lymph glands seem fine.

He's not got a temperature or and all his bloods seem to say that all his important bits are working as they should.

The dog is a medical mystery :rolleyes:

We're going to do a poo sample (3 samples, 48 hours apart) and on Monday I'll be discussing with the vet whether we should give him pain medication daily for a couple of weeks and see if he starts to put some weight back on. He is probably also going to be referred for an MRI scan (not sure if you call it the same thing but hopefully you do!).

Wallace is now home and has eaten his dinner and is now asleep heart-121.gif

Thank you all for your good wishes and support :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

So relieved to hear your good news! :confetti Sending extra kisses for your sweet boy. :kiss2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

wallace180708a.jpg

Pardon the quality of the picture

wallace180708a.jpg

Pardon the quality of the picture

That is a "keeper" photo for sure!! So very happy for you Wallace. You too Bev!

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.