Wallace Has Been For Some Tests

Sending more prayers for sweet Wallace. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wallace has been back to the vets this morning for repeat bloods and also more blood for a full thyroid panel. The normal blood tests will be ready later today but the thyroid ones have to be sent off for testing so they should be back within a few days.

Wallace has gone down from 26.4kg (last Tuesday) to 26kg today. Uff.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Wallace has been back to the vets this morning for repeat bloods and also more blood for a full thyroid panel. The results for both should be back within a few days.

Wallace has gone down from 26.4kg (last Tuesday) to 26kg today :(

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

We seem to have a problem with Wallace and he has an appointment to be seen at 2.40pm.

He seems to have a swelling of one of his joints on his front right leg and he's been squeaking when he tries to move. He's been panting and looking very unhappy, which is all new behaviour. He also looks dehydrated around his face and neck area.

The results of his blood tests are not yet back from the lab.

Wish us luck.

Oh goodness, poor Wallace. Fingers and toes crossed that the vet visit will be helpful to that poor uncomfortable boy.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

I've sat here for a few minutes trying to word this but the upshot is that yes, as we thought this morning, Wallace has a swelling around his front right distal radius (near the wrist) and top of the list for what it may be, has to be osteosarcoma (vets words, not mine).

Wallace has had two types of pain killers (one being an opiate) and tomorrow morning he's going back to the vets for x-rays. If the offending area looks clear, then fine. (Well, not fine, but much better). If it looks suspicious, then they'll also x-ray his chest. Marc and I need to sit down this evening and work out our plan of action for various different results.

More in a bit when I've got my thoughts together.

Guest 2Brindles

Oh dear, I hope that its not osteo! This must be an awful prospect for you and your sweet Wally. My thoughts are with you all as you contemplate the next step.

:grouphug:getwell:candle:hope

Guest jurishound

Sending hope and good wishes your way - that the radiographs are clear and this is something simple and benign.

Bev.. sending white light and prayers your way.

Let it be something else! :hope

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Geez... :( It just CAN'T be osteo. :cry1 Holding your dear boy in my prayers for better news. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Well, crapdoodle.

That's made me giggle Mary :lol:blush The other thing that's made me giggle is my subtitle - concerning update :blink: When do I ever use the word concerning :huh I mean, it is concerning, obviously, but still, it's a stupid word to use in these circumstances :huh (I think I may be having a bizarre reaction to the stresses of it all).

What you don't know is that it's Wallace's 10th birthday tomorrow. So..um, we've just had his party, a day early because one way or another, he may not be able to have it tomorrow. I took pics and am uploading them at the moment. I'll do a thread in EEG once I've finished.

( :( )

arthritis-arthritis-arthritis-arthritis-arthritis

Keeping positive thoughts for your boy.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon