The Road To Kodiak - Underway As Before

Jeff

That is Awful! That work def. would not pass any kind of inspection around here, I would make them redo it until it was done right. :angryfire

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I scrubbed the walls that weren't painted yet this morning and then the cleaner came in and asked what I was up to. Told her I was removing the food and crud from the walls so it doesn't bleed through when they paint like it did upstairs.

She said leave it and she'll get it when she goes over stuff.

Umm, no, I'll keep on going just in case you miss it like it was missed upstairs.

I did hold back from getting the spackle and knife and filling in more holes and sanding spots that were already done.

Maybe later... we'll see what it looks like later tonight :lol:(

I think things were done backwards... cleaning should have been done first - including the nasty walls and celing, then prep the walls for paint and then prime and then paint.

Not start prepping, prime one room and then paint everything without really being done with the prep and no cleaning of the walls.

One room was prepped well and because of the number of spots to fill, the walls were washed. Ceiling too. That room looks good.

Guest FrostyBottoms
WOW! Your house is Gorgeous! I love the master bedroom. I hope you can eventually settle in and enjoy it there.

Did you look at the pictures of their actual house? Or the ones of the $1.5 million house we are all pitching in $100 for instead?

Oh yeah, the "pet store".....

oye

Yeah, that about sums it up.... Oye

They have some snakes, ferrets (which they put away so we could bring the dogs in), mice, rats and a couple of fish.

They also had ONE bag of dog food. Yep, ONE, UNO, UN, A, 1

And a very much empty, not much stuff, no real options, and what they did have was 2x the price of anything I've seen anywhere else ever before....

I don't see me making use of the pet store here.

Feed store is where they have J&Rs food - I'll just buy extra bags since there's no other reason to be down where the feed store is and bring lots of cash or a check (if I can find them :lol) as they don't take CC.

Since they just opened at the end of last year and did lots of research on the stuff they were going to carry, I had high hopes for this store....

I've really never been into a pet store that had so little stuff or ONE bag of dog food.

WOW! Your house is Gorgeous! I love the master bedroom. I hope you can eventually settle in and enjoy it there.

Did you look at the pictures of their actual house? Or the ones of the $1.5 million house we are all pitching in $100 for instead?

I was just about to ask the same thing, Yeap master bedroom in the $1.5 million house is gorgeous, The "real house" not so good!

Ahhh the Chorizo of Alaska...but can you get it on your pizza?

Yes, and could also get it in Canada as well as almost anywhere in the north west US. Nothing special to AK

Whoops sorry. I just didn't know Dominos in Seattle carried reindeer sausage as a topping. :blush

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Ok. now I'm worried. Pet food store..... What about the vet in case of emregency or even routine care? :dunno

Alice (missing 12/7/05), Wonder and Ben

Alice%20Sig.jpgWonder%20Prof%20Sig.JPGBen%20Sig.jpg

And our beloved Bridge Kids... Inky, Maui, Murphy, Ragamuffin, Della and Natalie

Here's a small world story

My vet just returned from a land/cruise tour of Alaska. They stopped at Jeff Kings place in Denali, I used to work for him years ago. So that was fun hearing about their kennel again.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Trudy, did you say there's mold showing through where they painted? Having worked at a school infested w/mold in my recent past, I hope that this isn't the case, as so many of us were sick because of it. A bleach solution will take care of it unless you think it might require something more. I think there's paint that has mold-killing capabilities. At any rate, what a royal pain in the backside this has been for you guys. :grouphug

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

I don't think it is mold in the corners of the walls, I think that is just nasty crud that is coming through.

They seem to have done a second coat on most of upstairs. It is looking much better now. Few little things to have them fix/redo, but looks much better.

They are starting downstairs - getting there... slowly.

They have 3 more days to get their stuff done... 2 for painting as Wednesday is supposed to be a paint free day.

they had to second coat everything because it looks 'to me' like they changed the color when they changed to cheaper paint. It looks much darker than what we picked out, and what the first coat looked like...

large.greyhound_signature.gif

$30 PER BLIND.... really???

This shipping crap gets old fast!

:eek:jaw:eek

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Yeah, looks like you are truly torqued on postage. Altho it appears a 4 lb 12x12x12 US snail priority box isn't too bad. Wonder if it really does get there in a couple days.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

oh yeah, and the pizza place charges $2 to actually cook the pizza!

$18 for the pizza and $2 to cook it!

:blink:

They also had ONE bag of dog food. Yep, ONE, UNO, UN, A, 1

:blink:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest IrskasMom

I hope , the Military adjusted your Husband's Rate of Pay according to the enormous Prices you pay in AK . Life is just soooo

much more expensive there and not even better. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug Babies J & R :dogcookie:dogcookie:dogcookie

The rain has stopped after 5 days! :yay

I went to the grocery store to get something for lunch... cheapest tomatoes I could find were ON SALE for $6.00 a pound! Yeah, it is going to take some time to get used to these crazy prices.

Need some closet doors (they are are mysteriously missing...), they have a 30x80 for $107. I need 35x80 and it will have to be special ordered - which means special order pricing too - anybody want to hazard a guess because I don't know yet, I couldn't find the special order guy anywhere.

Guest lizmego

I'm thinking some care packages are in order! We send care packages to our friends in London who can't find certain soaps, candies and Mexican food spices there.

send sun and blinds and door stops and real wood (spruce is pretty much it here and it burns quick)

yeah, sun would be nice - need to dry up the yard a bit so we can get back there and get it ready for a few cords of wood.

Guest FrostyBottoms
Need some closet doors (they are are mysteriously missing...), they have a 30x80 for $107. I need 35x80 and it will have to be special ordered - which means special order pricing too -

Could you hang drapes instead of getting a closet door? Of course by the time you buy drapes and a curtain rod, it will probably cost more than a closet door :lol

Seems the standard answer for everythign around here is "This is Kodiak" so that means the quality of everything sucks and it is OK because it is Kodiak.

Hmmm...that's the standard answer around here too. My husband and I say "T.I.B." all the time, for "This Is Baltimore." :P

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Need some closet doors (they are are mysteriously missing...), they have a 30x80 for $107. I need 35x80 and it will have to be special ordered - which means special order pricing too -

Could you hang drapes instead of getting a closet door? Of course by the time you buy drapes and a curtain rod, it will probably cost more than a closet door :lol

Not a fan of drapes/curtains where closet doors should be. Closet doors should be closet doors - keeps the dogs out of places they shouldn't be.

that is pretty trailer trashy and not something I would do :lol

Trudy is on the phone now, trying to set up inernet service. $145 per month for slow 3mB 'broadband'! :eek

Sounds like she is applying for a top secret security clearance. Even need references!

large.greyhound_signature.gif