The Road To Kodiak - Underway As Before

Jeff

Judging the lack of weather information available....seems like no one really cares about the weather on the inhabited part of Kodiak......unless, of course, you live there. It'll just be a surprise every day! What fun??

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jeff, do the other coasties all hate it there as much as you and Trudy do? Just wondering if they share your sentiments about the place.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Have you tried More Weather?

Have you?

It's blocked at work, so I can't.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Have you tried More Weather?

Have you?

It's blocked at work, so I can't.

I checked it. Jeff, have you met Bob? Kodiak info says it comes from "Bob's P.C." Bob in Kodiak

Or are you near AKDOT Pasagshak Rd milepost 2.1 ? here

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Isn't that weird. I've been lulled into a false sense of forecast security. I thought NOAA consumer weather radar was everywhere ....

Trudy, are you building stuff or just need 7,084 patio-container citronella candles?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Isn't that weird. I've been lulled into a false sense of forecast security. I thought NOAA consumer weather radar was everywhere ....

It nearly is.....which leads me to believe that Kodiak doesn't really exist! :lol

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

It nearly is.....which leads me to believe that Kodiak doesn't really exist! :lol

It actually does exist... until I bring out the heat gun and start melting glaciers and bury this place under water!

Hey Jeff, do the other coasties all hate it there as much as you and Trudy do? Just wondering if they share your sentiments about the place.

Seems a lot do not like it very much. There are a decent amount of people who do like it here, and hate normal society.

There is no middle ground. You either love it here, or you really hate it.

A select few try to remain in AK, and the rest of the CG tried to avoid it if at all possible. I'm in the majority.

How is the cleanup going?

Piss poor and unbelievable :eek

I checked it. Jeff, have you met Bob? Kodiak info says it comes from "Bob's P.C." Bob in Kodiak

Or are you near AKDOT Pasagshak Rd milepost 2.1 ? here

I've had that saved for days, no radar, so no forecast of incoming storms.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Geez. How many more days until you can transfer out of there?

Camille, Mom to Cher and Centeno! Also the kitties: Dash, Tod, and Starburst.
Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039

Well, you of course will be busy at sea. But we here will do our best to amuse and assist Trudy however possible. As long as she meets the picture-post quota.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hmm, 6:40pm on a Saturday and the pizza place is already closed for the evening :huh2

Maybe they open again at Midnight for the after earth moving/gardening/hunting/fishing/berry picking crowd?

It's gonna be a very, very long 700-750 days! :lol:lol

Ah, well , as far as the weather goes, it very easy to set up your own weather station, the required materials are easy to find in Kodiak.

Economy Range DIY Weather Station

results guaranteed as long as you follow the simple instructions.

otherwise, i'm surprised there are no meteorologists or weather reports on the base. the Munro will have radar and radiomen who sit around all day listening to the weather. Flight ops is another possibility.

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

How is the cleanup going?

Piss poor and unbelievable :eek

Is the house in even worse shape than you thought, or does the crew suck? Or both?

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

otherwise, i'm surprised there are no meteorologists or weather reports on the base. the Munro will have radar and radiomen who sit around all day listening to the weather. Flight ops is another possibility.

People, stop with the weather.

No WX radar exists for this area.

The CG has not had 'radiomen' since 1994. I don't care about a WX Fax, or a meteorologist report. I want to see a friggen WX radar image of the local area. Not a shipping surface S or X band radar or an air search radar. The radars aboard are mine, I know their capabilities thank you ;)

Is the house in even worse shape than you thought, or does the crew suck? Or both?

Both :huh

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes
oh yeah, and the pizza place charges $2 to actually cook the pizza!

$18 for the pizza and $2 to cook it!

So, you can take a raw pizza home? :huh