The Road To Kodiak - Underway As Before

Jeff

Guest Sniffy
Trudy is pretty anti FL. I lived in various places in Fl for 7 years.

Trudy is a VERY smart lady. I lived various places in Florida for 27 years and I'm NEVER doing that again, especially as a retiree.

No offense to all the people who still live there or keep moving there, more power to y'all!

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Florida rocks!!

Other than the Yankees and hurricanes.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest IrskasMom

Jeff and Trudy have a While to go to make up their Mind. Thou maybe in two Years Alaska will not look so bad either :omg :omg :omg:omg

Edited by IrskasMom

Guest CampWhippet
Florida rocks!!

Other than the Yankees and hurricanes.

Hurricanes? You mean you don't like when your street looks like this?

1h.jpg

2h.jpg

Edited by CampWhippet

Guest Snowy8
Beautiful eagle picture.....Cool outdoor appliance store too.

The eagle is gorgeous...not too common in this area, but have been spotted in north eastern Tennessee, and a little south of me in Mississippi.

Outdoor appliances, oh yeah...they're everywhere down here, remember I'm in Tennessissippi.

Love this picture:

IMG_3807.jpg

Movers tracked dirt all over the carpets. The agent said "Well this is Kodiak" as the excuse.

I'm pretty friggen tired of the "This is Kodiak" as an excuse for everything. Kodiak is the way it is because of lame crap like that.

If people took a little pride in what they did, Kodiak would be a much nicer place overall.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

You'd think them good ol' far north country boys/girls would've heard of boot scrapers, at least.

If I were in your position, I believe I'd feel like smacking somebody at roughly 3-minute intervals.

Hope they didn't break anything important while moving it in.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hope they didn't break anything important while moving it in.

:lol:rofl:lol

You-funny!

I've not had an uneventful move yet, and this one is no different.

First thing unloaded was the motorcycle, when I asked Trudy to grab the camera even while it was still in the crate with just the door off, we knew we were in for it.

Color printer laser is toast, and a few other things. We will see how the claims process goes.

Guest greytbookert

Jeff and Trudy,

I've been following your travels, filled with so many highs only to land so low! I'm so sorry about all the crap you have to endure. I do hope that there is a silver lining somewhere for you both! You are way to nice of people to keep getting handed a bunch of poo.

Any chance that they will pay to clean the carpet? I know, you can stop laughing at me now.

Yeah, so much for the clean house when our stuff arrived. Cleaner didn't quite make it (we knew that was going to happen even if she didn't), but didn't hold up moving stuff into the house.

But the living room floors were not dry and they didn't lay carpet protectors in enough places, so we need to redo the living room carpet, which meant everything unloaded into the living room has to be stuffed somewhere else so I can scrub their mess and clean the carpets again. And with them having been damp from cleaning.... cat pee. Oh wonderful... cat pee and mustiness.

So I went out to Walmart and picked up $40 worth of cleaning stuff to take on the carpet and reduce/remove cat pee odors and musty odors.

Now to go pick up a carpet cleaner so we can get another room done today.

Kitchen isn't cleaned yet, so nothing in there is going to be unboxed yet (though I did unbox the cookware for the shelves we bought for it. But can't get to the stove yet LOL

And we need a friggen garage. If you aren't using one, please send it quickly!

I called my parents this morning. While talking to them, they were at both Lowe's and Home Depot, but they wouldn't go shopping for me - evil people!!

Trudy

Trudy, I read your last post thinking that Jeff had written it. I thought to myself that he was being pretty calm about all this. Then I noticed your signature! :lol :lol :lol Is this your first military move? There are lots of stories out there that you wouldn't believe. This doesn't mitigate your experience by any means, but I just wanted you to know that I'm sympathizing with you and that you're in good company. Hang in there. This too shall pass.

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Guest Snowy8

Does it help that its Friday & that you're finally there?

I'm not EVEN going to ask about my email I sent to Trudy...you get some rest & enjoy the fresh air.

The pictures & the adventures have been really nice. Thanks for sharing, I feel like I've been riding along with ya'll.

Hilda -

I haven't had a connection in ~3 days and we are 'borrowing' one from a neighbor here when it connects.

Ours will be installed tomorrow afternoon, so I'll get to it soon :)

Trudy

Im sorry you guys are having such a hard time getting everything fixed up and livable... Maybe Trudy won't be so anti-Florida after Kodiak :lol

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest hunteracademy

Hey Jeff & Trudy,

Try using vinegar in the carpet cleaner as a pre-cleaning cycle before the cleaning solution. My Zulie's last years were plagued with incontinence and vinegar saved my hypersensitive nose. I eventually quit diluting and used 100% vinegar in the dispensing tank of my machine. I usually use 50% water - 50% vinegar as a pre-treament to routine cleaning. It is a great way to wash away the "dog" smell, but for pee go ahead and give 100%.

Hope it helps.

Edited by hunteracademy

If you guys need a care package with Petasic or something stronger-I can send you something. I think it was Odormute we used for the skunk dogs and on carpet. I can always check with our freight shippers on a quote if you need something bigger(like a garage). I've sent a few tractors up your way lately, so a quote might not be too bad. Costco has sheds....

Seriously-let me know if I can help. It would break the monotony at work...

I liked Alaska, but we were on vacation and it was only 2 weeks. I know I would need all the help I could get if I had to live there....

Edited by fritofeet

Guest IrskasMom

Jeff ..... There is a Coast Gard Station right here in Baltimore and my Daughter in Law works there for the past 17

Years in the Office. Is there anything I can do or send you from here , let me know !

Ok, so one of you can send us a garage door, another one can send us the left wall of the garage, another the right wall, another the back wall and yet another can send us the front wall. And maybe a few of you can get together and send us the roof and a slab for it.

Yeah, that should do it :lol :lol

Or if that doesn't work, just send us a Lowe's or Home Depot - we'll be able to get what we need from there!

Jeff ..... There is a Coast Gard Station right here in Baltimore and my Daughter in Law works there for the past 17

Years in the Office. Is there anything I can do or send you from here , let me know !

That means she is pretty close to the assignment officer, have her go kick his ass for me.

Guest VirginiaGreys

Jeff....I've been wanting to ask you this....but I don't know a delicate way of asking without it coming out wrong....but this is meant...all in fun and humor...but...WHO THE HELL DID YOU PISS OFF WHILE IN NY to get this assignment?

(and yes...I did read about why you are there...but I just thought this was funnier than the real reason) ;)

Ok, so one of you can send us a garage door, another one can send us the left wall of the garage, another the right wall, another the back wall and yet another can send us the front wall. And maybe a few of you can get together and send us the roof and a slab for it.

Yeah, that should do it :lol :lol

Or if that doesn't work, just send us a Lowe's or Home Depot - we'll be able to get what we need from there!

If we each sent you a couple bricks in a flat rate box ....

... they'd probably all get there right around the time you left.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.