The Road To Kodiak - Underway As Before

Jeff

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just make sure the flat rate box fits in our mail box by the road, otherwise they will not deliver the package, they leave it at the post office, and NO, not at the real post office, but at a half assed almost post office where you can't mail all packages and must pay with cash, semi post office.

Yeah, we had packages arrive yesterday, but not all would fit in the box, so we got 3 slips saying pick them up. So I go to the post office at 11:30 this morning. Package pick up is 1-2pm on Saturdays. Go back at 1:30 and they tell me I can't pick them up there, I have to go to Safeway. HUH???

The half assed post office is in Safeway.

But priority mail actually gets here in 2-3 days from NY (I've sent stuff here before we left).... it is just getting it from the PO that is the issue :lol

I have maybe 8 to 10 bricks that I can send! :)

I guess I'd better mail them one at a time maybe every other day to make sure they don't all get there at the same time and not fit in the box.... :P

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Just make sure the flat rate box fits in our mail box by the road, otherwise they will not deliver the package, they leave it at the post office, and NO, not at the real post office, but at a half assed almost post office where you can't mail all packages and must pay with cash, semi post office.

Yeah, we had packages arrive yesterday, but not all would fit in the box, so we got 3 slips saying pick them up. So I go to the post office at 11:30 this morning. Package pick up is 1-2pm on Saturdays. Go back at 1:30 and they tell me I can't pick them up there, I have to go to Safeway. HUH???

But priority mail actually gets here in 2-3 days from NY (I've sent stuff here before we left).... it is just getting it from the PO that is the issue :lol

Do they fly the mail in? I was just wondering how they get the mail there so fast when the ferry off the island only runs once a month.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Do they fly the mail in? I was just wondering how they get the mail there so fast when the ferry off the island only runs once a month.

I read somewhere that almost all mail is airmail these days, regardless of what class stamp you use.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

How about this...

Yesterday we wanted to try out the new grill. The house is still in shambles, so I went to the grocery store to get some pre-made turkey burgers. I went to the freezer and to my dismay the bag of burgers went squish. I grabbed another and the same thing. Then hit it me,... the freezer was warm, not cool at all. I told one worker there, and he said 'humph' then put the mushed ball of warm turkey burgers I handed him back into the warm 'freezer'

I went to let someone else know, and he said, it must be the defrost cycle on the freezer..... Umm no.

So I left without any salmonella burgers.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Guest cendrine
How about this...

Yesterday we wanted to try out the new grill. The house is still in shambles, so I went to the grocery store to get some pre-made turkey burgers. I went to the freezer and to my dismay the bag of burgers went squish. I grabbed another and the same thing. Then hit it me,... the freezer was warm, not cool at all. I told one worker there, and he said 'humph' then put the mushed ball of warm turkey burgers I handed him back into the warm 'freezer'

I went to let someone else know, and he said, it must be the defrost cycle on the freezer..... Umm no.

If I had experienced everything you two have been through, I think I would have just collapsed in the store and cried at this point. Nice response from the clerk - fits right in with the "This is Kodiak" modus operandi. I'll bet he was Employee of the Month for June.

Can we send you some nice canned hams - or corned beef? Can you stand Spam? What about MREs - can you get those? They would likely be safer....

THAT's what Trudy can do to keep busy while Jeff is at sea! She can research and write the world bestseller-to-be, "Gourmet Meals from MREs"!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

How about this...

If I had experienced everything you two have been through, I think I would have just collapsed in the store and cried at this point. Nice response from the clerk - fits right in with the "This is Kodiak" modus operandi. I'll bet he was Employee of the Month for June.

Can we send you some nice canned hams - or corned beef? Can you stand Spam? What about MREs - can you get those? They would likely be safer....

I think that if they have to live on MRE's for 2 years, both Jeff AND Trudy would be entitled for a Section 8 discharge with full benefits. ;)

It seems that a Section 8 discharge is no longer a reality.

Sorry Trudy, I was trying. ;)

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Did Jeff pick up some good SPAM recipes while he was in Hawaii? Might be time to dust them off.

Who would have thought... :blink::lol :lol B)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

Did Jeff pick up some good SPAM recipes while he was in Hawaii? Might be time to dust them off.

But there're no DESSERT recipes on there! Surely there MUST be a Spam cake, somewhere?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

P.S. Trudy, can you at least get chocolate there? And peanutbutter and marshmallow fluff? I hope I haven't brought up another "this is Kodiak" ....

But there're no DESSERT recipes on there! Surely there MUST be a Spam cake, somewhere?

Here you go! :PB)

Wonder if Trudy could use a couple of these: http://www.spamgift.com/ProductDetail.aspx...8-F53AB89452BA} .

And for Jeff, why not http://www.spamgift.com/ProductDetail.aspx...5-DC098AACA938} ?

The blanket is cuter but it's kinda pricey.

<off to check whether they ship to Alaska>

Edited by Batmom

Wonder if Trudy could use a couple of these: http://www.spamgift.com/ProductDetail.aspx...8-F53AB89452BA} .

And for Jeff, why not http://www.spamgift.com/ProductDetail.aspx...5-DC098AACA938} ?

The blanket is cuter but it's kinda pricey.

<off to check whether they ship to Alaska>

Holy crap!! :eek There's a lot of stuff there!!

OMG! I feel for you guys!!! Two years cannot go fast enough! On the news this morning a volcano erupted in Alaska. :P Guessing not near you, but with the luck you are having, I guess I would not be surprised if it was.

I hope it gets better!!!

The Girls

You poor people I am so sorry, it sounds like you are living to close to h** as it gets, I don't know and you can't even run. :angryfire

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter