The Road To Kodiak - Underway As Before

Jeff

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest IrskasMom

I can't believe it . Has Civilisation not reached Alaska ?? My Heart goes out to you both . And what does Jet and

Ryan think of Kodiak Alaska ???? :unsure:unsure:unsure:unsure:unsure wuff..wuff sucks,wuff..wuff stinks . :lol:

Edited by IrskasMom

The radars aboard are mine, I know their capabilities thank you ;)

Is the house in even worse shape than you thought, or does the crew suck? Or both?

Both :huh

Cool job, Jeff.

Bad news on the house crew, not to mention the pizza.

I think I have a website bookmarked where you can order Space Food Sticks, http://www.funkyfoodshop.com/index.php?cPath=23 . Altho you guys are probably too young to remember Space Food Sticks.

I know that in the end you and Trudy will make a good go of it, but jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez ....................

Edited by Batmom

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

...And what does Jet and Ryan think of Kodiak Alaska ???? :unsure:unsure:unsure:unsure:unsure wuff..wuff sucks,wuff..wuff stinks . :lol:

It has rained NON-STOP for the last 4 days, so they are not liking it much either. There really isn't any usable grass around where we are, just dirt and muck, so things outside are not really an option.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Still praying and thinking about you both and the babies that things get better.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Hey Jeff -- are there any funky pizza toppings there like deer sausage or whitefish? :lol

Pam, not while I'm trying to eat lunch, PLEASE!!! :sick

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Back in the days when you could get real food on airlines.....Alaska Air used to serve reindeer sausage on it's flights.....pretty darned tasty, actually

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

Guest crazy4greys
Trudy...Jeff...I found a different house for you...your new home

Here are more pics of that one - looked at it online yesterday

http://soldonkodiak.com/index.php?option=c...4&Itemid=26

Thanks! I was disappointed there was only 1 photo! WOW! Was that a crab on the wall? That was quite a view from the master bedroom! Dh told me to tell you that you should do it for the dogs...they deserve it. :lol

Nice house! I wonder what is underneath that big white sheet in picture #13 :eek:lol

Guest IrskasMom

Lifting your Spirit somewhat .That Radar Website from Zoolady is awesome. Hugs to both of you and the Babies :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Guest FrostyBottoms
Trudy...Jeff...I found a different house for you...your new home

Here are more pics of that one - looked at it online yesterday

http://soldonkodiak.com/index.php?option=c...4&Itemid=26

Thanks! I was disappointed there was only 1 photo! WOW! Was that a crab on the wall? That was quite a view from the master bedroom! Dh told me to tell you that you should do it for the dogs...they deserve it. :lol

Nice house! I wonder what is underneath that big white sheet in picture #13 :eek:lol

I didn't noticed that the first time! Yikes! I wonder......

The bodies... what else?

Scott found an overall one that may be of some use. http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=AKC...11&loop=yes

It's from King Salmon.

The map display shows kodiak, but unfortunately the radar overlay does not extend far enough to include kodiak. Still no joy.

Ahhh the Chorizo of Alaska...but can you get it on your pizza?

Yes, and could also get it in Canada as well as almost anywhere in the north west US. Nothing special to AK

Guest FrostyBottoms
I bet it's a Christmas tree!!! :xmas

But there are green leaves on the trees in the window :blink:

reindeer sausage is everywhere. Even mass marketed in the grocery store.

reindeer stew can be pretty good-- at least, it was in Helsinki (Yes, I ate Rudolph)

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

reindeer stew can be pretty good-- at least, it was in Helsinki (Yes, I ate Rudolph)

Awesome!! That's even better than eating Bambi! :P

You rock!! B)

I would try both the sausage and stew. But, you know, I AM that kind of gal. :hehe :hehe

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Awesome!! That's even better than eating Bambi! :P

You rock!! B)

I would try both the sausage and stew. But, you know, I AM that kind of gal. :hehe :hehe

I'm not a big sausage fan, but I'd probably have to try it, just so I could say I'd had it.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Guest CindiLuvsGreys

WOW! Your house is Gorgeous! I love the master bedroom. I hope you can eventually settle in and enjoy it there.

Master Bedroom has been painted, the quality is less than sub-par. They didn't fill all the holes, and the ones they did fill did not get sanded and textured correctly. Seems the standard answer for everythign around here is "This is Kodiak" so that means the quality of everything sucks and it is OK because it is Kodiak. Food splatter (grease) was not cleaned from the walls and ceiling (yes, food on the 2 story ceiling) and it is coming through the paint, as is the muck (mold?) in the corners of the walls that was not cleaned and primed.

We let them know what needed to be redone, so we'll see how it looks in a few days.