The Road To Kodiak - Underway As Before

Jeff

Kevin just bought Seasen 3 of the Deadliest Catch today. The first show shows a search and rescue chopper and team from Kodiak and also shows your new ship Jeff.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tobinhr
Wonder if there is a limit on the number of Dysons to be shipped to Kodiak....

I might be able to get all the wives together and we can just start at one end of town with some really long extension cords :lol

I got my Dyson through the BX while we were in Germany. They should ship to Kodiak!!

Jan

Mac, who hates that blasted sucky thing

Guest greytexplorer

Hey Trudy!!!!

I was watching CNN Headline News just a minute ago, and they showed the missile launch from Kodiak!

The missile was fitted with a camera, so you see Kodiak from miles up. Pretty cool.

Except for the brownhaired lady giving the missile the finger. I know it was you Trudy! We all saw you!

:lol :lol :lol

I don't even know when the damn thing was launched... even that place runs on island time!

At noon I was out walking the neighborhood dragging the dogs toward home. They seem to be on Kodiak time too LOL

Place isn't done.

She didn't get it done by the date she said it would be done by and then our stuff showed up. She hasn't been back yet, but is scheduled to be here tomorrow. I don't think she has plans to finish other than hang the doors we've not hung yet.

But before I finish her job, we'll see what she actually does tomorrow.

If she doesn't finish, then I have to go buy paint, and I won't do that until Jeff leaves.

Guest diagirl

Found this link. Apparently Kodiak is a cute little town.

:blink:

Travel Guide

Some history (perhaps I shouldn't be posting this):

A major disaster recorded in Kodiak annals was the eruption of Novarupta in 1912. Many first accounts credited nearby Mt. Katmai with the volcanic explosion which turned Kodiak skies black and blanketed the town under nearly two feet of drifting pumice and volcanic ash. Homes were destroyed, wildlife killed and bottom fish, a staple food of the natives, disappeared.

In 1964, on Good Friday, a violent earthquake rocked a major portion of Alaska. Giant tsunamis, or tidal waves, following the quake destroyed the fishing fleet and canneries of Kodiak. The downtown area was levelled and the harbor facilities were washed away by the tidal wave.

Today, Kodiak's completely rebuilt business district epitomizes modern-day Alaska, while the every day life and atmosphere retains much of the old village charm.

emphasis mine.

:eek

et correct errors

Edited by diagirl

I was thinking you could just get a big ol' piece of thick glass -- or plywood? since this IS Kodiak? -- to put on top the shop vac, and you'd have a dandy dining room table. Turn some of those buckets over, and you'd have chairs!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

You wanted some pics of the house....

here you go, our 'garage'

IMG_5460.jpg

Cool heated garage, I've always wanted one.

Although I need to talk to you about your choice of overhead lighting for the garage. :P

Guest IrskasMom

You Guy's have to change the Title from " The Road to Kodiak - Underway " to either " Life in Kodiak " or " This is

Kodiak " . What do you think ???? ;):P;):P;):P;):P

You Guy's have to change the Title from " The Road to Kodiak - Underway " to either " Life in Kodiak " or " This is

Kodiak " . What do you think ???? ;):P;):P;):P;):P

I figure they're saving that for when this thread hits the page limit

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

The other half of our garage is in our crawl space and still a compound miter saw in the living room that needs to move too :lol

The snow blower is now out of the down stairs bathroom (good conversation piece)

Doors are hung

Now just for the last of the cleaning and the correct touchup paint to be brought in for the the last bit of touchups.

Guest greytexplorer
we have another dining room. The floors are vinyl, not hardwood. Notice the 'curve' up under the heater.

what heater? I don't see a heater :dunno

Guest IrskasMom

Ohhh Trudy,I read your last Comment and I am truly happy for you,that you finally can make this House a HOME. You are

indeed a strong/Intelligent Woman , who can handle anything Life's throws at you ( well also you are still very young and

that's a Plus ) .

Edited by IrskasMom