The Road To Kodiak - Underway As Before

Jeff

Here are a few pics we took today - only a few, our cable net connection here sucks

IMG_5303.jpg

IMG_5292.jpg

IMG_5265-1.jpg

the cat poop in the closet - yay!

IMG_5277.jpg

yard junk

IMG_5273.jpg

IMG_5272.jpg

how do you get crud on the ceiling??

IMG_5263.jpg

ok, was able to get more uploaded finally LOL

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is some of that mold (around the windows and on the ceiling)? I've lived in a house with mold; made DH and I deathly sick for months till we finally moved. I wouldn't live in a house with mold for nuttin'.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

oooh, and this one...

IMG_5256.jpg

I don't know what your guys' issue is; the place looks like a real charmer to me. Think of it all as abstract art. :lol:lol:lol

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

That's beyond disgusting!!

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

not mold... DIRT and moss.

Not sure about the nasty corners on the walls in one room, but it is only there, so it may just be more crud.

so, all of you that wanted to come visit....

bring your rubber gloves and cleaning stuff, primer, paint, paint brushes and rollers....

your invited

to work :lol

It's disgusting that someone should rent out a property in that state. Poor you :( Even the dogs look a bit horrified in their new...yard :(

Hope you can find somewhere more suitable.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

:eek WOW - I'd want to turn right around too!

That house reminds me of the slum my buddies and I rented our senior year of college at SUNY-Geneseo. Of course, all the off-campus houses looked like that. We chose it because it was within walking distance of all the bars and pizza shop. :rolleyes: I still remember the horrified look on our parents when they helped us move in. Luckily, they were also there to help clean up the place with us. My roommates mother spent a full day just cleaning the kitchen which included getting rid of several bags of left over booze bottles. I'm pretty sure I would have the same tolerance for a place like that now that I'm in my mid-30s.

Good luck guys!

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Guest IrskasMom

I am sooo sorry . What a let down. I am just as disappointed with you.Perhaps the Light will shine through ,when you have it cleaned up ( sorry ) and your Furniture in Place.

It really blows my mind , how could People live like that ?????

Edited by IrskasMom

OMG! You should get hazardous duty pay for having to live there! I'm so sorry it's turned out to be so bad!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest greybookends

I sure hope you guys find that silver lining somewhere, otherwise it's gonna be a long 2 years. Just think if you 2 can survive the next to years then you can survive ANYTHING!

I'd send hugs but I doubt Jeff is in any mood to receive them. Sorry and Good luck.

Ai yi yi. Hoping you can either find someplace more suitable or get pay (as opposed to rent) from the owner in exchange for Trudy learning how to drywall. I guess the silver lining right now has to be, you're not still in the car or on the boat.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest winli02

You mentioned that another place was a bit too small for your stuff, but nicer.....do they have storage places around there? It may be worth it to store SOME of your stuff, and get what is more comfortable to live in, even if it is a bit too small. When we moved to Buffalo, and before we bought the house, we stayed in a apt where we used the garage as storage cause the place wasn't big enuf. To be honest, we could have stayed like that for a while, it really wasn't that bad. Also, you HAVE to read the S*x Lives of Cannibals, if you haven't to see how much worse it COULD be.

Keep positive...everything has a way of working itself out...really!

Guest FrostyBottoms
oooh, and this one...

IMG_5256.jpg

I just woke up.....Did someone patch a wall with a case of beer and duct tape? Wow! I showed my 9yo ds and he said "that's pretty sad"

Well, Trudy and Jeff. It isn't what you are used to (thank god) but it is only 2 years....If you adopt a few more hounds, you'll be so busy that time will fly by. I would still be willing to come visit and clear brush for you, if you pay my way ;)

I am very disappointed for you, it does look beautiful online and one GT'er referred to it as Alaska's Hawaii!?!?!?!?!? It never occurred to me that it would be a slum. Good luck, i hope the westside is better!

Edited by FrostyBottoms

OH my goodness. I am so sorry that your adventure in Kodiak is starting out this way. Is there anything that the military can do to help you with this?

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Oh my, what an incredible disappointment. :( They probably see the military as "at their mercy", knowing they HAVE to be there, so nobody takes pains to see that things are right. What a shame. We'll all be thinking of you, and hoping these two years fly by.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Jeff, is there any base housing? With your rank, you should be qualified to live on base. Or, is there a housing officer? I know some of the bases we lived at (Air Force) had a list of places NOT to rent, or areas NOT to live in. If nothing else, if you decide not to rent the slum, I would put their name on the DNR list. I don't care where the owner lives, he has a responsibility to keep his property up if he expects humans to live there. I'm so sorry for you. You both must feel like hitting something!!! Here's hoping things improve -- quickly!!!

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

at the risk of repeating myself... Yikes!!!!

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Guest VanillaBean

This could be part of the problem:

During the 2000 U.S. Census, there were 2,255 total housing units, and 259 were vacant. 32 of these vacant housing units are used only seasonally. 3,159 residents were employed. The unemployment rate at that time was 4.98%, although 29.63% of all adults were not in the work force. The median household income was $55,142, per capita income was $21,522, and 7.36% of residents were living below the poverty level.

Jeff, is there any base housing? With your rank, you should be qualified to live on base.

Yeah, tiny duplexes. I'd have been better of last month as a Senior Chief. I promoted to Chief Warrant Officer June 1 and officer housing with just one dependent kind of sucks.

Clean, an island, storage is very small and very expensive.

This is no 'Hawaii' I lived in HI for 2 years and saw all but 1 of the islands. HI was awesome.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Guest K9_Lady
:blink: Yikes...That is horrible. I hope you might find something better. Its amazing that people can live that way. My Grandparents never had much money but you could't find a speck of dirt in my Grandmas apartment. Wishing you both all the best and Jeff another Thank You for your service to our Country.