The Road To Kodiak - Underway As Before

Jeff

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful scenery.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Thoughts for today from the back seat passengers...

IMG_5074.jpg

OMG! What seems to be lurking in the back window? Could it be A MUZZLE?????!!!!!!!! :P :P :P:rotfl

why would a dog need a muzzle to ride in a car, or anything else for that matter? That would mean there are training/discipline issues.
Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest FrostyBottoms

IMG_5074.jpg

OMG! What seems to be lurking in the back window? Could it be A MUZZLE?????!!!!!!!! :P :P :P:rotfl

why would a dog need a muzzle to ride in a car, or anything else for that matter? That would mean there are training/discipline issues.

I believe that IS a muzzle Pam. :rotfl

Not a muzzle at all. It's an extra cup-holder.

What an incredible adventure! Loving the pics.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

IMG_5074.jpg

why did the chicken cross the road?

IMG_3253.jpg

The Alaska Highway (getting closer!!)

IMG_5078.jpg

more of the same nothingness, pretty, but really, in 444 miles today, we didn't see any more than 10 "houses"

IMG_3258.jpg

some smaller glacier action - GNP has nothing on this stretch of road!

IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3242.jpg

IMG_3213.jpg

My car needs a bath after today's trip

IMG_3274.jpg

Jeff, what's the muzzle for in the upper right hand corner of the first picture???? Gotcha!

Edited to add that I didn't read all the posts first. I see I'm not the only one who noticed. Cup holder -- yeah, that must be it! :nod

Edited by pabozem

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Wow, what gorgeous photos! Breathtaking! And the scenery ain't bad either. :lol

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Yes, we travel with muzzles.

With 5000+ miles done already, I haven't even had to show it to Jet - and that's all it takes for her, to see it and if she has been getting snarky, that stops.

She knows it isn't tolerated.

Her muzzle is used for me to dremmel her nails.

She's not worn a muzzle in the car in years.

Ok, so what was Friday's trip like? Did it really take 10 hours to cover 200 miles?

I bet gas out there must cost a FORTUNE because when you spot a station it's the only one for 100's of miles?

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

And I bet it's nice not having to worry about driving in the dark, considering how desolate it is. You must be getting like 20 hours of daylight or something like that by now.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus

Guest TBSFlame
Yes, we travel with muzzles.

With 5000+ miles done already, I haven't even had to show it to Jet - and that's all it takes for her, to see it and if she has been getting snarky, that stops.

She knows it isn't tolerated.

Her muzzle is used for me to dremmel her nails.

She's not worn a muzzle in the car in years.

Trudy, none of my hound need muzzles in the car either. Pictures are beautiful.

Edited by TBSFlame

And I bet it's nice not having to worry about driving in the dark, considering how desolate it is. You must be getting like 20 hours of daylight or something like that by now.

It was still light out at 11:30 last night when I went to bed.

It was light out at 4:00 this morning when I woke up.

200+ miles took just over 4 hours. Other than maybe Bell II Lodge paying mapquest to make it take longer, we have no idea why it was supposed to take so long.

Gas stations have been few and far between - we saw plenty of signs saying next gas was 230 or more kms away.

We've seen gas here in AK for $4.79 already... yay!!!!

Guest FrostyBottoms
Gas was over $5.50 a gallon in Canada.

We have 'full frontal' bear today. Pics after the dogs go out, and we get back from dinner ;)

YAY! I can't wait! We drove through Yellowstone and looked everywhere for a Bear..."there's one...nope that's a bush" "there's one!, nope that's a bush" Can't wait to see Bear!

I played trivia with someone from AK and she said in the summer night was between 1 and 3 am. Not sure where she was.

We have 'full frontal' bear today. Pics after the dogs go out, and we get back from dinner ;)

YAY! I can't wait! We drove through Yellowstone and looked everywhere for a Bear..."there's one...nope that's a bush" "there's one!, nope that's a bush" Can't wait to see Bear!

It's a family forum but are we waiting for bear bush photos?????

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

If you feel the need to 'quote' posts with images, please just quote the one you are commenting on, not the whole string ;)

Bears by the side of the road. They were fairly close to the edge, but I was a good distance away with a zoom lens. Other bears ran off when we got too close (still at a safe distance)

These were in the Yukon

bear1.jpg

bear2.jpg

bear3.jpg

At the boarder. Jet is in Canada and Ryan is in the US :lol

boarder.jpg

boarder2.jpg

Home for the night. 2 story cabin w/loft and a hot tub :)

tok.jpg

tok2.jpg

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Very cool, all the bear sightings! Ryan looks like he's taunting Jet in that picture that he's in the US and she's not. :lol:lol:lol

Once you're done with your trip, you'll have to give us a scorecard on all the hotels you stayed in, which you'd recommend and which you'd avoid like the plague. The place you're at tonight looks pretty nice, though.