The Road To Kodiak - Underway As Before

Jeff

I just want to see more pictures. Are we there yet? :lol

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best to use actual ferry schedules, not mapquest ;)

mapquest has you DRIVE to Seward and board a non-existent ferry there.

the actual ferry schedules show 9 hours from Homer (replacement for Seward) to Kodiak. Can you not drive to Homer and skip 13 on board hours?

Sure, give them a call and see if they have room for the car and a cabin. If they do, go ahead and change our reservation, and the dates need to remain the same.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

USPS just made those Large Flat Rate Priority boxes, so it is $12.95 to your destination as long as it makes it in the box.

And if you are stuck and need something, it might be cheaper to ship from WA. I know a couple people who live there who need to do a few good deeds. ;)

Hope that helps.

Guest FrostyBottoms

Soooooo I just googled Kodiak images.......when can we come for a visit? I mean we don't want to come until you're settled of course ;) Just me, dh , dd, and ds....oh and 2 hounds too!

It is just gorgeous there!

Guest FlyingHound
When we drove from NY to HI (and visa versa) - people asked us how we got our car there.......... we would tell them we took the bridge and tunnel complex from CA - and stop half way at the Marriott..... you wouldn't believe how many people believed us! I would also send things from "the states or mainland" to the "rock" and so many times the post office would say I needed to fill out declaration papers to ship overseas to another country...... THE POST OFFICE???? I also had people in Hawaii think that New Mexico had a different currency and language and that FL was real close to CA ????? (And they were school teachers!) Makes ya wonder huh...........

Much of my family is in Hawaii...it's seriously just BARELY part of the US. Scraped by on a technicality, I swear. (Illegally annexed on a technicality, if you ask the Hawaiian Power folks!) Once you get off Waikiki, or one of the resorts...more foreign than most people would believe.

Before gas got so expensive, it used to be much quicker. Now they have to tie ropes from the ship to 347 penguins and toss herring into the water ahead of them all the way to Kodiak. Effective, but takes a whole lot longer.

That's hi-larious! :rotfl

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

you mean he hasn't finished the bridge yet?

A man riding his Harley was riding along a California beach when suddenly

the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming voice, the Lord said,

"Because you have tried to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you

one wish."

The biker pulled over and said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can ride over

anytime I want."

The Lord said, "Your request is materialistic, think of the enormous

challenges for that kind of undertaking; the supports required reaching the

bottom of the Pacific and the concrete and steel it would take! It will

nearly exhaust several natural resources. I can do it, but it is hard for me

to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think

of something that could possibly help mankind."

The biker thought about it for a long time.

Finally, he said, "Lord, I wish that I and all men could understand women; I

want to know how she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me the

silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says nothing's

wrong, and how I can make a Woman truly happy."

The Lord replied, "You want two lanes or four on that bridge?"

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Guest FlyingHound
Much of my family is in Hawaii...it's seriously just BARELY part of the US. Scraped by on a technicality, I swear. (Illegally annexed on a technicality, if you ask the Hawaiian Power folks!) Once you get off Waikiki, or one of the resorts...more foreign than most people would believe.

Actually - it was more the people on the "mainland" that believed the bridge/tunnel thing than on the rock.

Ever hear the one that a Geico caused an island wide power outage for 3 days!? Happened when we were there........ wonder what critter they blame in Alaska??

I totally believe it. Hawaiians know they're on a big volcanic rock in the middle of the Pacific, but mainlanders mostly don't really realize how far away they are. DH lived in New Zealand for awhile, and from his stories Hawaii actually has more in common with them than with where we live now (East Coast US). Nor do some people realize how far away or how BIG Alaska is.

I hadn't heard the one about the power outage! That's funny. I'd love to find out about Alaska, too, after seeing all these pics of the trip there!

No New Pics :dunno:dunno Thats the first thing I check when I log in to GT :):):)

Me too!! I cannot wait for more pics! Today is "Arrival in Kodiak" day!! They will likely be met when the ferry arrives, by a group of Coastie wives that meet the new families as they pull in.

No New Pics :dunno:dunno Thats the first thing I check when I log in to GT :):):)

Me too!! I cannot wait for more pics! Today is "Arrival in Kodiak" day!! They will likely be met when the ferry arrives, by a group of Coastie wives that meet the new families as they pull in.

They really do that? That's so nice!

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest FrostyBottoms

They really do that? That's so nice!

That is nice!

Glad you have arrived safely...

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest FrostyBottoms
So not impressed! Can't believe people live like this.

More later when we get a chance to see a bit more, and let it sink in a little.

OH NO! Really? It looks gorgeous online! I hope it gets better for you.

:eek

Jeff's post is scary :unsure

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest greybookends
So not impressed! Can't believe people live like this.

More later when we get a chance to see a bit more, and let it sink in a little.

OH NO! Really? It looks gorgeous online! I hope it gets better for you.

Of course it does. They are only gonna post the good pictures on line! :lol

I imagine that as out of the way as it is and as hard as it is to get to, it is probably fairly primitive. Jeff and Trudy have probably just entered into Redneck Paradise! I was wondering how quickly all the illusions would disperse. So Jeff how long did Uncle Sam send you there for? I thought only bad boys and girls got sent to out of the way places like this. :lol Look hard I'm sure the silver lining is hiding there somewhere. ;)

Guest winli02

RE: Walmart trailers

Ok....this is weird....could my guess could have been right? Hmmmm.....maybe I should be playing the lottery instead of posting on GreyTalk :colgate

Eh, there is probably a "hanging chad" out there someplace that will skew the count out of my favor :P

edited to add: glad to hear you got there ok and I am sure you will find some things you LOVE about it there!

Edited by winli02

Glad y'all made it there safely. Hope it gets better.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Glad you guys arrived safely! I hope it gets better!

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle